More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 43,238 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 31, 2014, 01:06:15 AMIt sort of improved with Thrill of the Hunt
Thrill of the Hunt was 2004, Civilised Beasts was 2008

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jul 31, 2014, 04:41:15 PM
Thrill of the Hunt was 2004, Civilised Beasts was 2008

My mistake, I got the two confused with each other but either way it turns out that they have different colorists. Civilized Beasts had the better colorists, since he brought more life to the illustrations. The other one? Not so much. That's what I meant to get across in my previous posts.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Some definitive news about the time-stamp, courtesy of Aliens artist Patric Reynolds.

He took a pic of his desk with the Aliens #3 script on it, and it clearly says "October 30, 2179."

Looks like "Fire and Stone" will be intersecting with Alien AND Aliens. This once again raises the possibility of going back to LV-426, not to mention the possible presence of a certain member of the Ripley clan.

This also raises the interesting possibility that the xenomorph outbreak that Derrick Russel and his crew are escaping from is the one going on at Hadley's Hope.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

AND my suspicions have been confirmed, once again by Aliens artist Patric Reynolds. Very big spoilers below, don't look if you don't want a big part of Fire and Stone spoiled.

Spoiler

As you can see, the planet that Russel and his crew are escaping from is indeed Acheron when it's being overrun in 2179.

Given that the third Titan book is also set to deal with the outbreak on LV-426, I wonder if Russel or any of the characters from this comic will wind up having cameos, assuming Dark Horse and Titan were aware that each one was touching on the same setting.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

They really seem to be trying to cross a lot of media at the minute. I like it.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2014, 11:14:48 AM
They really seem to be trying to cross a lot of media at the minute. I like it.

I like it as well. Hopefully they can pull it off in a cool way. I may have been a bit down on Sea of Sorrows in my review, but I still like a lot of what they're setting up.

Back to the timetsamp issue, Chris Roberson let slip a tad more info in an interview:

http://www.comicmonsters.com/item-8792-_Aliens_Fire_and_Stone_Interview_with_Chris_Roberson.html

Spoiler

QuoteChris Roberson: ALIENS: FIRE AND STONE almost serves as a prequel or prologue to the other books, in that it takes place some years before the others. My artistic collaborator Patric Reynolds and I get to set up a lot of the situations and environment that the other creative teams will be exploring.

So it appears that the bulk of Fire and Stone will be happening post Alien 3. It will definitely be cool if this and/or River of Pain provide some context to a few things in Sea of Sorrows, IE the reverse engineering of alien tech.

Actually, come to think of it, with Roberson saying that the other three series happen "some years" later, I'm reminded of one of the other writers (possibly DeConnick) saying that "events span over decades" a while back. That makes me wonder if maybe Fire and Stone will explain the "260 years" line from Sea of Sorrows. 2237 can certainly be described as "some years" and "decades" (obviously) from 2179.

Either way I'm excited to find out!
[close]

Vrastal

Vrastal

so the new comics ar esuppsoed to tie in with Alien, Aliens, Alien3 Out of shadows, Sea of Sorrows and river of pain which from what i can tell has nothing to do with the first two books?

I feel so lost and confused

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think it's more of a situation where the comics, novels, and A:I all happen in the same universe, and thus none of the stories contradict each other. Any places that they overlap will probably be more in the form of small references. Each thing will be it's own story, but when read in conversation with each other, they'll tell a bigger story.

SM

SM

The comics, new novels and Isolation are all reading off the same hymnbook - which is Prometheus, Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Resurrection (and sometimes each other).

The extent of how much they link and reference each other remains to be seen.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Scott Allie did a new interview over at Bleeding Cool (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/11/discussions-with-scott-allie-dark-horses-strategies-for-sdcc-2014-defining-creator-owned-prometheus-fight-club-2-and-the-whedon-threeway/), and while he doesn't say much that we haven't heard before, he did drop some nice new artwork.

I'm certainly sold on the Deacon-sharks.  ;D

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Are.. Are those Deacon-Monkeys or Xeno-Apes in the last picture?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 11, 2014, 04:36:46 PM
Are.. Are those Deacon-Monkeys or Xeno-Apes in the last picture?

I do believe they are. Juan Ferryra posted a concept of a "monkey" creature a few months back, and in the page from the Aliens script that Patric Reynolds posted, a character does say something about monkeys.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The Deacon-Sharks are definitely something of Lovecraftian nightmare fuel.. I'll admit that.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

AvP artist Ariel Olivetti just dropped a really cool preview of some AvP art, including Predators fighting the mysterious white mutant. I can't wait for October!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Almost looks like Ahab killing the mutant..  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed