All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,941,341 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ja he knew Vader had his back (no pun).

Besides Palps is prob the worst troll of the prae internet age. Its just his schtick.

PredBabe

PredBabe

So absolutely no Force ghost for the baddies. Got it.  :P

kwisatz

kwisatz

We'll see about that.  :D

Plus it comes down to a definition thing guess, cause you prob can't be much harder into Darkside than Vader and he forceghosted nonetheless in the end.

Guess Obi-Wan didnt see that coming, that ol' fool.

edit: I forgot, Vader is special tho, six films made that pretty clear.

SM

SM

Luke brought Anakin back from the Dark Side.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ja sure, i just think that every other Dark Side user who had been that far into it like Vader has prob forfeited every chance to later become a Jedi/Force Ghost again.

Thats why Obi-Wan and Yoda insisted on killling him.

In this sense Anakin is pretty special i think.

And so from a mere semantic perspective a Dark Sider actually became a Force Ghost, just not as a Dark Sider but a converted one.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I wondered about this myself.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a847975/star-wars-last-jedi-rian-johnson-explains-luke-skywalker-hand/

Considering the tone of the film, this explanation is rediculous.

SM

SM

Explanation sounds fine.

Anakin got all his bits back when he was a ghost.  Yoda and Obi-Wan's clothes disappeared with them.

Highland

Highland

It would make less sense if he was handless in the afterlife. I always assumed the force Ghosts were your reward for dedicating yourself to peace, like their version of Heaven. You can sort of give Vadar a pass, since it was him that ultimately destroyed Palpatine.

kwisatz

kwisatz

This always reminds me of the theological debate whether your excrements are part of the resurrection process or not.  :D

I guess the heaven analogy works fine for the OT, but in the PT we get told that Qui-Gonn was the first to do it and that he had to actively teach the others (Yoda) how to, so... just another retcon case that makes everything shitty i guess.

Lucas you started it.

Maybe he did that one though cause otherwise one could wonder why not more Force Ghosts are hanging around by the time of the OT. Imagine Luke training in front of 60.000 Force Ghosts.

SM

SM

What retcon?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ok its not a 100% retcon, but for me the 'Qui-Gon manual to become a Force Ghost' takes massively away from the mythic aura the Force was given in the OT, what Highland meant (i think), the heaven aspect etc.

Not to mention the 99,9% retcon that is the midichlorians of course lol.

SM

SM

Lucas adding to his own mythology isn't a retcon.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2018, 08:33:15 AM

Depends what he's adding I guess. Just because it's his doesn't mean he can't retcon or at least throw up questionable choices. Like Vader making 3PO or Leia saying she remembers her mum.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2018, 08:33:15 AM
It is if it contradicts previous elements, and it does.

Speaking of contradictions, a nitpick that really bugs me about the new trilogy and I'm kinda hoping someone would tell me I missed something: In both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, Luke is walking around with a fully robotic hand, when in The Empire Strikes Back he gets a robotic hand that looks like a real hand. It didn't look robotic until you checked "under the hood".

What the hell happened there?

Highland

Highland

I assumed the skin got damaged in an incident, perhaps fire at the school. Another little detail JJ left only for RJ to bypass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed