Started by Chris P, May 29, 2008, 10:09:26 PM

Which ALIEN design did you preffer out of:  AVP  &   AVPR

AVP
175 (66.8%)
AVPR
87 (33.2%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author
Which ALIEN design did you prefer out of: AVP & AVPR (Read 92,744 times)

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 18, 2009, 12:49:51 AM
The thing with the scene is that the alien has no hold to its feet or anything, it lifts Parker with its tail, at the same time holding his head in its hands. How could it even come in the height to disappear? The feet are clearly just hanging.
It jumps. With its tail.

They just forgot to add the "Boooiiing" sound effect.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteIt jumps. With its tail.

These lazy filmmakers again!!

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2009, 01:03:11 AM
The thing with the scene is that the alien has no hold to its feet or anything, it lifts Parker with its tail, at the same time holding his head in its hands. How could it even come in the height to disappear? The feet are clearly just hanging.
It jumps. With its tail.

Seriously?

I always figured it was raising and lowering itself using the tail to hang onto things above. Never really noticed the tail just hanging there.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2009, 01:03:11 AM
It jumps. With its tail.

Are you serious? Ridley Scott never mentioned this.

SiL

I'm joking.

But it does lower itself on its tail at the beginning of the scene, and it does twist before rising straight up into the air.

SM

Wait - Pvt Hicks thought there was really supposed to be a boing sound?  :o

Well maybe if an Alien was hosted by Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout.

Pvt. Hicks

No, I was kidding. :D

SM

You say that now...

Flaming Firefox

Starts to sing *I believed I could fly*

Fleas can jump 200 times their own body length, whose to say the Alien can't do the same? At 7ft tall it might be able to jump 1400 ft. That could easily account for what is seen when the Alien seems to fly up with Brett. The position of the legs in the air have nothing to do with anything either.

Johnny Handsome

Of course it has to do that the alien has its legs up in the air, with what is it going to jump then?
After headbiting bred, he falls to the ground and you see the alien grabbing his head with its feet up into the air, how is it going to jump?

QuoteFleas can jump 200 times their own body length, whose to say the Alien can't do the same?
Whose to say that my dog cant do the same, OH wait, whose to say that i cant do the same? Ohh yeah right, I'm not a flea, neither is the Alien.

Flaming Firefox

QuoteWhose to say that my dog cant do the same, OH wait, whose to say that i cant do the same? Ohh yeah right, I'm not a flea, neither is the Alien.

Yeah, but both you and your dog have an intensely studied biology, whereas the Alien does not, its full capabilities especially at the time of Alien are completely unknown and while a flea and Alien aren't the same the Alien is much closer to the Flea in design than you or your dog.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 25, 2009, 05:34:49 AM
Of course it has to do that the alien has its legs up in the air, with what is it going to jump then?
After headbiting bred, he falls to the ground and you see the alien grabbing his head with its feet up into the air, how is it going to jump?

QuoteFleas can jump 200 times their own body length, whose to say the Alien can't do the same?
Whose to say that my dog cant do the same, OH wait, whose to say that i cant do the same? Ohh yeah right, I'm not a flea, neither is the Alien.

When were its feet in the air? It landed on the ground before it bit Brett.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2009, 05:03:59 PM

No it didn't, it's still in the air when it headbites Brett, it never touches the ground in the scene and therefore it cant jump. So the whole flea theory is useless.

Quotethe Alien is much closer to the Flea in design than you
You sure about that?  ;)

Deadmeat

So it was a small error that the filmmakers didn't notice. :P

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 25, 2009, 08:01:21 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2009, 05:03:59 PM

No it didn't, it's still in the air when it headbites Brett, it never touches the ground in the scene and therefore it cant jump. So the whole flea theory is useless.

Quotethe Alien is much closer to the Flea in design than you
You sure about that?  ;)

I think whether its feet were touching the ground or not- it is implied that it jumps, seeing as how the Aliens don't have wings last time I checked and the fact that his arms were wrapped around Brett means he wasn't climbing up a chain. The fact that is feet weren't touching the ground which I'll take your word for is just a blooper, which nearly all movies have. Pretty obvious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed