New Alien Movie is a Prequel

Started by Dusk, May 29, 2009, 11:03:31 PM

Author
New Alien Movie is a Prequel (Read 49,343 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 16, 2010, 12:57:14 AM
It could tarnish whatever image people have of the first film.

And I ask, where is the punchline?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And I ask,

What?

AlienPL

AlienPL

Maybe story from prequel is base for Alien 5?

The Sensual Sensation

Quote from: AlienPL on Feb 23, 2010, 08:09:57 AM
Maybe story from prequel is base for Alien 5?

Alien 5 is the prequel.

???

...Surely you aren't referring to Alien Vs. Predator? You aren't allowed to do that.

maddriver

maddriver

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that in the next 10-20 years or so we will see more Alien movies than ever. It's just my crazy feeling. It seems that with this prequel, FOX is planning to continue the series. Don't ask me why. Believe me, I would rather not have this feeling, but I can't help it.

six

six

i agree although the film industry is cashing in on familiarity rather than coming up with something never seen before. but if doesn't stray to far from the original concept, then bring it on. Alien 5

ColdDeadEyes

ColdDeadEyes

...Surely you aren't referring to Alien Vs. Predator? You aren't allowed to do that.

funniest thing ive read on this forum :D

redalert51

redalert51

Don't call it anything, still call it Alien of course but not a prequel , sequel or reboot
a word or a saying. it is in outer space and there would be a lot of lost ships from earth that
vanished , and not one of the films has shown the year the action was set.

Space Invader

Space Invader

I thought the Prequel was just jokes.

Mus

Mus

It's reals.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

I've been skimming the thread for the last 40 minutes or so and over and over and over i keep reading that people don't want to demystify the origin of the Alien or the Jockeys ect. That's fine. Don't watch the movie. That will keep you mystified. I'm sorry but some of it just comes across as stupid. I understand that the first few alien movies were mystery heavy. But come on its been 30 effing years! Theres only so long you can wait until mystery turns into piss take. Change is good! Forced change isnt. But we already kind of know the origin all we need is it fleshed out. Which is why this movie will be perfect if done propper.

I'm really looking forward to this. If it will deliver i do not know. But i will at least like it on some level i assume. I've enjoyed the previous 4 alien movies (3,1,2,4 in order i like them best).

But back to the whole demystify thing theres nothing to say if you take the mystery out of the Alien origin that you wont open up a new can of worms. Who knows. What i do know is the Alien "universe" isn't limited to only having the one creature in it. For all we know we could be introduced to an entirely new species and or get a Space Jockey solo movie or whatever creature could be introduced. Of course i would like to avoid bringing up the Predators because as a new guy ive been browsing other threads and i notice alot of people try to kick up a fuss about if avp is cannon or not. Most of it seems to be based on they dont like the movies so it doesnt count but oh well...

At the end of the day i want some answers. I also want a great movie. Expectations are high!

Mus

Mus

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Apr 04, 2010, 05:50:58 PMBut we already kind of know the origin all we need is it fleshed out.

We know the eggs were on a crashed spaceship. Beyond that, we know squat. Why they were there, where they came from, we don't know.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

It hasnt been stated yes. But we do have several reasons for the Xenos to exist. As a bio weapon by SJ's during a civil war, Predators manufactured them as prey and of course they are just a life form from the Xeno homeworld.

Thoes 3 ideas have all been tossed around as to the origin its just a case of which road they go with or if they make something new or not explain it at all.

But i think they will want to stay farrrrrrr away from the idea Preds manufactured them as prey cos.. its bad and they will not want to bring them up. The space Jockeys making them as a Bio Weapon would totaly mess up the AVP cannon unless we are ment to believe that the derelict ship in alien is long long ago even by our time.

So i think there must be a homeworld somewhere. But i dont think we will see it in this movie ateast.

SM

SM

QuoteBut come on its been 30 effing years! Theres only so long you can wait until mystery turns into piss take.

Witness the blinding logic...

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

ta

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed