Sign the petition - Dedicated Servers and Mod Tools for AvP3

Started by |ES|REDRUM|LDR|, Oct 21, 2009, 08:56:20 PM

Author
Sign the petition - Dedicated Servers and Mod Tools for AvP3 (Read 28,808 times)

Cellien

Quote from: |ES|REDRUM|LDR| on Nov 14, 2009, 08:23:45 PM
Yeah go down to your local WaLMart buy an emachines PC and tell me how easy it is to pirate a videogame right out of the box. 

Ok. 

Step 1:  Turn it on.

Step 2: Download and install your desired game torrent and apply crack w/ step by step guide provided.

I'm not saying that consoles aren't easy to pirate, but pirating on the PC is way more accessible.  And, anyone that thinks piracy doesn't have negative impacts in numerous aspects of the industry is flat out wrong.

I think we have some pirates around here that are trying to justify their actions, tbh.

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Cellien on Nov 15, 2009, 04:07:48 PM
Quote from: |ES|REDRUM|LDR| on Nov 14, 2009, 08:23:45 PM
Yeah go down to your local WaLMart buy an emachines PC and tell me how easy it is to pirate a videogame right out of the box. 

Ok. 

Step 1:  Turn it on.

Step 2: Download and install your desired game torrent and apply crack w/ step by step guide provided.

I'm not saying that consoles aren't easy to pirate, but pirating on the PC is way more accessible.  And, anyone that thinks piracy doesn't have negative impacts in numerous aspects of the industry is flat out wrong.

I think we have some pirates around here that are trying to justify their actions, tbh.

Thats to true, except imho most pirates didnt plan on purchesing the game in the first place so it does not realy hurt sale's, although its not nice for devs to see people playing there products that they put time and money in for free.

tigerija

So guyz IF we dont get dedicated what will that mean ? We will just press a button and we will join some game with random players ? No choice to set players in lobby ? I mean no some kind master server to choose what server you want to join ?

PLEXI

QuoteSo guyz IF we dont get dedicated what will that mean ? We will just press a button and we will join some game with random players ? No choice to set players in lobby ? I mean no some kind master server to choose what server you want to join ?
No different than matchmaking on a console. You can join/host a random server based on basic criteria that you've specified...or you can join/host a private match with friends. All based on a glorious P2P system :\

predalien27

And here is me with a crappy PC so AVP is goin on my PS3. Oh well.  :-\

Chris!(($$))!

Unfortunately I doubt we are going to get Dedicated Servers. If Rebellion decided to actually have their own forums then maybe because we could have told them straight off the bat.

Xhan

Quote from: tigerija on Nov 16, 2009, 08:54:21 PM
So guyz IF we dont get dedicated what will that mean ? We will just press a button and we will join some game with random players ? No choice to set players in lobby ? I mean no some kind master server to choose what server you want to join ?

It means no mods that work right or feature 2nd P support, it means horrendous lag for anyone but the host, and it means having to put up with whoever feels like f**king your day over because they have a small penis.

Brother

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 17, 2009, 07:15:45 AM
Quote from: tigerija on Nov 16, 2009, 08:54:21 PM

It means no mods that work right or feature 2nd P support, it means horrendous lag for anyone but the host, and it means having to put up with whoever feels like f**king your day over because they have a small penis.
oh noooooooo

Xhan

Zephon

Yay I can imagine it already... The one person with 0 ping stealth / throphy killing everything else effortless... woo(!)

FrankO

Wow.  No servers seems archaic.  If this game is P2P, that is a dealbreaker for me.  I am a die-hard Aliens fan, but I am not settling.  AvP2 was not perfect, but when you shot someone they died - I cannot stand a lag filled match, especially where instant stealth kills are such a huge factor.

Is it really shaping up to be P2P?

Brother

Yes. Off course there is still hope.

EC jay

EC jay

like I (probably) said before, I'd really like rebellion to respond to this  :-\
this is a pretty big issue
we all know the wave of protest caused by modern warfare 2
luckily for infinity ward, they have an incredibly huge fanbase that would buy a turd if it was in a box with a call of duty sticker on it
rebellion doesn't have that  :-X

snaileri

I've sent them multiple e-mails, but no answer.

PLEXI

QuoteI've sent them multiple e-mails, but no answer.
Same.... But it was expected.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed