!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!!

Started by Stringer_Pred, Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Author
!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!! (Read 209,219 times)

Johnny Handsome

Dusk

Quote from: keylight-di on Nov 12, 2009, 12:54:11 PM
Guys, what about this:
http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/?level=picture&id=5643
http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/?level=picture&id=4552
http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/?level=picture&id=2021
my favorite:
http://www.predatorstuff.com/gallery/?level=picture&id=7771
Sorry, I don't know how to insert pictures...  :-\

Those aren't too bad. The first one just looks a little cheap, especially around the eyes. Reminds me of Scar from AvP, too human. And number 3's face is just flat out bad.

keylight-di

Quote from: fan on Nov 12, 2009, 12:59:09 PM
anyway i had made several efforts the script does not work for me
If you explain me, how to send PDF in PM, I send it to you.

Aeus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 12, 2009, 01:00:15 PM
What about this:
http://i36.tinypic.com/15pjqcj.jpg

That is a damn Predator.

Yes. Yes it is.

And we're probably going to see him getting whacked by the fan favorite BLAK SUPAR PWEDATOR!

Dusk

If they care about the fans, they should change it to having him win against the Black Predator. I like the idea that someone posted that the Super Predator fights with Royce and as he is about to kill him the regular Predator gets back up and delivers the killing blow. After that, I don't mind if the regular Predator succumbs to his wounds.

Aeus

Or they just shouldn't have them fight at all, because it's stupid.

Dusk

I thought it sounded great in the script and I would like to see these two power houses go up against each other. Out of all the whacky things in the script, that is the least stupid one.

Aeus

Well I can agree on it being one of the least stupid things. But we both know that isn't saying much.  :D

I just think it doesn't work because it has no threat. It's just a quick bit of entertainment, that doesn't really do anything. It should just be the Predator relentlessly going after Royce, and beating the snot out of him. All the threat in that part of the script came from Edwin...Which in a film about PREDATORS, isn't right.

Miranasi

Spoiler
i actually prefered the all out bit of entertainment... theres a nice little bit of pathos in the notion of the wounded predator going suicidal againt the larger opponent.. (although they didnt play it out well on the script) ...edwin is too much like the average cliche psycho.. his betrayal was just.. bleh. Although i dug the scene where Isabella just kills the living f**k out of him... the hint of there being something alien in her is intriguing (also how did she knew about the incident in the first movie? Is she black ops then? Has she seen the movie? ;D
[close]

Dusk

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 12, 2009, 01:26:03 PM
Well I can agree on it being one of the least stupid things. But we both know that isn't saying much.  :D

I just think it doesn't work because it has no threat. It's just a quick bit of entertainment, that doesn't really do anything. It should just be the Predator relentlessly going after Royce, and beating the snot out of him. All the threat in that part of the script came from Edwin...Which in a film about PREDATORS, isn't right.

But isn't that what movies are there for? To entertain? As long as it doesn't end up being absurd, like the mid-air chaingun bullets bit, it really isn't that bad. As for the sense of threat not coming from the Super Predator itself, I think thats a very interesting twist and it's still in line with that the movie is called.

Like it said in the script, they've been chosen because they were Predators themselves. And Edwin was great in showing that a human can just be as bad as this alien race of hunters, if not even worse. Essentially, it was Alien/Predator vs Human/Predator. I really liked how quickly Royce turned the tables and used everything he learned about the Predators to his advantage.

Aeus

I 'spose different things entertain different people.

Dusk

It's new, it isn't too absurd and I'm sure enough people wanted to see someone being able to go up against a Predator instead of being tossed around like a ragdoll. If the Super Predator would've went relentlessly after Royce and beaten the shit out of him, it would've just been a repeat of Predator 1.

Dzuksi

Why isn't this guy Super Black Pred?!!?!

Even armor work for the name!

vehtam

What the hell, Original predator helping Royce? Are you all lost Your minds, or did AVP love growed abrubtly in this community, when i wasn't here?  ??? ??? ???

If change should be made, the Original should f**k up the BSP and then FIGHT with Royce for God's sake

Spoiler
for me sending him home wasn't "honorable", more like, get the f**k out of here, or i'll rip you in pieces too, and you never saw what you saw, are we cool?
[close]

Also i'm stunned by mentality of Predator fan base. You really like to degrade the WHOLE F***ING RACE to the stereotype formed by the Anytime presence? You seriously think that THE WHOLE RACE acts the same and there's no social differences, groups? For crying out loud, BSP shouldn't be considered as normal Predators, because they are not, they a bunch uf douchy f**kups, like Xhan mentioned, reptilian parody of gang, which can be found in a bar and shows that THE WHOLE RACE isn't just bunch of space samurais without any variety besides of look of the faces and armor. Throwing all predator race into one bag of fanboys wet dream space hero samurais is just racisist.

BSP's are douchebags because they are meant to, they are meant to be vicious and mean. And even if it's not the perfect variable i would want to see in the movie, i'll take it anytime instead of rehashing the same blueprint all over again and expanding it, by feeding previously mentioned mindbugs, into anti-hero predator samurais. God dammit, "IT"S A F***ING ALIEN", Keyes noticed it, what's the matter with You, people?  ???

Dusk

Dude, chillax. I'd make it less of helping Royce and more about taking advantage of the situation as the Super Predator is occupied with him. The Predator has been crucified for don't know how many days he's starved and seriously wounded. In his state I wouldn't except him to kill the Super Predator outright.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed