!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!!

Started by Stringer_Pred, Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Author
!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!! (Read 209,221 times)

chrisr232007

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 15, 2009, 12:04:21 AM
Quote from: Pinkman on Nov 14, 2009, 10:08:11 PM
No way this movie will be as bad as AVP, the directing and the cast itself will put it way ahead from those pieces of shits made by hack.

Clearly you haven't seen the Village which had a strong cast consisting of Jaquine Pheonix, Sigourney Weaver and Adrian Brody... and even THEY weren't enough to save that flop.

-Rakai'Thwei

it still made over i think 200 million in the box office

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 15, 2009, 12:04:21 AM
Quote from: Pinkman on Nov 14, 2009, 10:08:11 PM
No way this movie will be as bad as AVP, the directing and the cast itself will put it way ahead from those pieces of shits made by hack.

Clearly you haven't seen the Village which had a strong cast consisting of Jaquine Pheonix, Sigourney Weaver and Adrian Brody... and even THEY weren't enough to save that flop.

-Rakai'Thwei

He means in terms of quality, Pedro. And it wasn't a flop, it made about 250 million. You're forgetting, actors are no longer a pull these day(Surrogates, anyone?) sans Will Smith.

The movie just has to look good. No matter how you get it to look good, just make that shit look good.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Nov 15, 2009, 12:45:44 AM
it still made over i think 200 million in the box office

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 15, 2009, 01:03:19 AM
He means in terms of quality, Pedro. And it wasn't a flop, it made about 250 million. You're forgetting, actors are no longer a pull these day(Surrogates, anyone?) sans Will Smith.

The movie just has to look good. No matter how you get it to look good, just make that shit look good.

Wrong choice of words on my part. Granted, it was a commercial success, the reviews were really unkind to the film.

-Rakai'Thwei

Pvt. Hicks

Boo-hoo. The monsters weren't real. Whine some more.

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 15, 2009, 01:16:22 AM
Okay!

Boo-hoo, the twist was f**king moronic. Boo-hoo, the whole back story was f**king moronic. Boo-hoo, there wasn't a single likeable character in the entire God-damned film.

Boo-hoo.

Boo-hoo.

Yautja117

Quote from: SiL on Nov 15, 2009, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 15, 2009, 01:16:22 AM
Okay!

Boo-hoo, the twist was f**king moronic. Boo-hoo, the whole back story was f**king moronic. Boo-hoo, there wasn't a single likeable character in the entire God-damned film.

Boo-hoo.

Boo-hoo.
Agreed. Can't stand that film.

ptgreek

Hey guys, new here but a huge Pred fan, Active member of the Hunter's Lair and work in the film industry. I will have to start by saying that I am no way affiliated to this film. I do have friends that have worked on previous predator films. That being said, I can honestly say that in my opinion that this is NOT a shooting script. It is not written like one and would never have more then a single ending. A shooting script would have been finalized, with camera direction. It would have been through a line producer for budgeting and would not contain the amount of description that this script has. All of this would have been story boarded by then and anything extra in the script would have been a waste of time. While I do believe that this may be an early version, the way it was written, ...there is no way that it would pass a studio exec. Screenwriting is a very specific art. Structure and punctuation is extremely important in the professional world. I do believe that this is an early "outline" version of the films script. Also..things like BLACK SUPER PREDATOR are written as a marker to distinguish character. it may have been an early concept that they just kept the name for. Thanks for letting me post here...cant believe I never found my way earlier. I'll try and be more active on these boards as well

echobbase79

Quote from: ptgreek on Nov 15, 2009, 01:48:30 AM
Hey guys, new here but a huge Pred fan, Active member of the Hunter's Lair and work in the film industry. I will have to start by saying that I am no way affiliated to this film. I do have friends that have worked on previous predator films. That being said, I can honestly say that in my opinion that this is NOT a shooting script. It is not written like one and would never have more then a single ending. A shooting script would have been finalized, with camera direction. It would have been through a line producer for budgeting and would not contain the amount of description that this script has. All of this would have been story boarded by then and anything extra in the script would have been a waste of time. While I do believe that this may be an early version, the way it was written, ...there is no way that it would pass a studio exec. Screenwriting is a very specific art. Structure and punctuation is extremely important in the professional world. I do believe that this is an early "outline" version of the films script. Also..things like BLACK SUPER PREDATOR are written as a marker to distinguish character. it may have been an early concept that they just kept the name for. Thanks for letting me post here...cant believe I never found my way earlier. I'll try and be more active on these boards as well

Well, that's a relief. Does that explain the shoddy dialog that the women spills about Dutch in one part of the script? It just seems like she knows everything all of sudden.

Alexa Chung

It will be nice watching a new predator film that doesn't drag the entire alien franchise through the garden backwards.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Nov 15, 2009, 02:15:30 AM
It will be nice watching a new predator film that doesn't drag the entire alien franchise through the garden backwards.

Agreed. The franchises need to learn to once again stand on their own two (four?) feet.

Pinkman

Pinkman

I should have known coming here that knowledge of filmmaking would be pretty low. Resident Evil, Death Race not bad fims, and mortal kombat a very good film, seriously? ok... Anderson higher than Antal, lol I know who I'm talking to then, it's clear now thanks. And the village is not devoid of flaws but its arstistic integrity and merits are more worthy of anything this hack will ever put on screen. But ok, not a big deal I'll let it go. I won't start a fight, it wouldn't go anywhere anyway.

Hey guys, new here but a huge Pred fan, Active member of the Hunter's Lair and work in the film industry. I will have to start by saying that I am no way affiliated to this film. I do have friends that have worked on previous predator films. That being said, I can honestly say that in my opinion that this is NOT a shooting script. It is not written like one and would never have more then a single ending. A shooting script would have been finalized, with camera direction. It would have been through a line producer for budgeting and would not contain the amount of description that this script has. All of this would have been story boarded by then and anything extra in the script would have been a waste of time. While I do believe that this may be an early version, the way it was written, ...there is no way that it would pass a studio exec.

That makes sense, I found it very overly descriptive too, like the writer had to sell it and impress some people. As a reader it can help you to be sucked in, but as a filmmaker, it might be useless going through all that shit to get to the point I guess. Thanks anyway to confirm my impression thats this is probably an early draft.

QuoteDoes that explain the shoddy dialog that the women spills about Dutch in one part of the script?
I don't see why it should be explained, waste of time if you want my opinion. She knows it, that's all you need to know, she has the information so what? it's a part of the mystery surrounding her character, we don't even know who she really is.
Spoiler
It is hinted that she's hiding something big about her, her attitude in the final especially, her last line in the first ending is very mysterious to me. What does she mean exactly ?
[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 15, 2009, 02:19:41 AM
Agreed. The franchises need to learn to once again stand on their own two (four?) feet.

I still believe that there is alot of potential in the AvP franchise.

-Rakai'Thwei

Xhan

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Nov 15, 2009, 02:15:30 AM

That's the most convoluted aphorism for buttrape ever.

Quotethis is NOT a shooting script.

It's still a legit CT and amazingly stupid in parts as well.

SiL

That being said, I can honestly say that in my opinion that this is NOT a shooting script.
Doesn't mean the shooting script is necessarily entirely different.

QuoteIt is not written like one and would never have more then a single ending.
Not so. There are precedents for multiple endings being written - the Scream movies leap to mind - and the shooting script of Dr. No had suggestions for alternate takes on scenes.

QuoteA shooting script would have been finalized, with camera direction.
Shooting scripts don't always have camera direction. Camera direction in scripts is actually kind'a looked down on - That stuff should be left to the director.

Quoteand would not contain the amount of description that this script has.
Never read a shooting script written by Charlie Kaufman? :)

QuoteAll of this would have been story boarded by then
Not necessarily. And even if it had, that's no reason to strip back the writing.

QuoteWhile I do believe that this may be an early version, the way it was written, ...there is no way that it would pass a studio exec.
Doesn't have to - It's a commission, not a spec script, and a revision of a commission at that. There's a lot more formatting freedom in scripts someone's asked you to write, than in scripts you have to pitch and get read.

Quote from: Pinkman on Nov 15, 2009, 02:59:34 AM
ok... Anderson higher than Antal, lol I know who I'm talking to then, it's clear now thanks.
We could argue who's better or worse till the cows come home, but Anderson's a competent director at least. His movies are let down by horrible scripts - Hand him a decent script and a decent cast (Event Horizon) and he makes a decent movie.

You can only polish a turd so much - (insert favourite director here) would have a hard time turning Anderson's AvP script, as-is, into anything but a popcorn flick.

ptgreek

Sil ..agreed on many of your points, However this is not a Kaufman script. The final draft is to be written by writers who have yet to prove themselves in a showing film. And while it is not a spec script, it is a script that needs to be budgeted. Judging by your terminology, I take it you have read a few scripts yourself. It just doesnt read correctly to me. There is something legit about it I'll give it that. But I dont see this as the final draft. reads way to close to RR initial treatment...I would imagine some revision by now. The alternate ending was of course written given a certain actors availability. Im sure now that they are in production, they would have settled that detail. I've been resisting putting in a call to someone that can confirm this for me. While this is an interesting tidbit for us in fandom, I wonder how much we can really rely on as fact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed