!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!!

Started by Stringer_Pred, Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Author
!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!! (Read 209,221 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 13, 2010, 03:44:02 AM
Funny enough, I was talking to someone (I don't think it's been announced so I'd rather not say who) who is working on the Predators comic book adapation and they haven't even seen the script yet.

Dark Horse is actually doing a Predators comic book adaptation?

Also, how can we take your word, honestly? This could be just a rumor and nothing more.

-Rakai'Thwei

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

I'd rather you not believe me so I don't get anyone in trouble lol. Point of the message being that I found it funny that we've had more exposure to the film than those working on the adaption, but I should have seen that response coming. I'll PM you about it, but I'd rather not talk about it beyond the point of my post.

As for taking my word for what it is, well, this is the internet... I know I'm honest, but that doesn't mean people should or would believe me until it was official regardless of what I say.  :P

RakaiThwei

I'll be waiting on that PM..

-Rakai'Thwei

HannibalKing

Now that that's out of the way.

Sadly enough, in light of the 2 different possible endings, I'm wondering on what the plan is. If Brody is signed on for more and they're thinking of storylines for sequels already, it makes me curious as to how either 2 ending would lead into another.

As a pre-cautionary note: Sorry if it was brought up before, there are quite a few pages.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 13, 2010, 05:27:08 AM
Now that that's out of the way.

Sadly enough, in light of the 2 different possible endings, I'm wondering on what the plan is. If Brody is signed on for more and they're thinking of storylines for sequels already, it makes me curious as to how either 2 ending would lead into another.

As a pre-cautionary note: Sorry if it was brought up before, there are quite a few pages.

Brody signing up for sequels doesn't mean anything. I mean Sanaa Lathan signed up for the sequel to AvP but that never happened.

-Rakai'Thwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 13, 2010, 05:35:47 AM
I know it doesn't mean anything as those types of contracts are always in place just in case, but it was more of a hypothetical question anyway. Of course I actually rather have a different character for any sequal anyway. I just get this feeling that a direct sequel involving Brody would end up moving even further away from what the first film was all about. Moreso with the Arnold ending.

Actually, I'm expecing sequels based either on the Predator vs Super Predator clan war which is implied in one of the scenes in the leaked script, and I'd prefer that sequel over anything else, or.. sequels based on the unused ideas of Rodriguez's original script.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rodriguez wanted to do the whole gladiator thing. Which I really do not want to see. I'd rather see and learn more about the history of the clan war between the mainstream Predators and the mutant abominations which are the Super Predators. There has to be something which sparked that war which could be explained in a possible sequel.

-Rakai'Thwei

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

Yeah, it could be cool, I'm just worried about change. Not like Predators isn't quite a change already.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 13, 2010, 05:46:11 AM
Yeah, it could be cool, I'm just worried about change. Not like Predators isn't quite a change already.

Hey, how do you think I feel?

I mean I also fear change too concerning the creature. I don't think that they should change the culture in the newer installments. I mean they introduced a different strain of Predators, and already thats generated enough controversy amongst fans. Some fans are open to the idea, others are not.

I happen to be part of the latter though.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowStalker

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2010, 05:51:32 AM
Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 13, 2010, 05:46:11 AM

Hey, how do you think I feel?

I mean I also fear change too concerning the creature. I don't think that they should change the culture in the newer installments. I mean they introduced a different strain of Predators, and already thats generated enough controversy amongst fans. Some fans are open to the idea, others are not.

I happen to be part of the latter though.

-Rakai'Thwei

I understand where your coming from, but for me i wouldnt mind seeing a new type of predator, as long as they dont ferk it up! I have feeling lot of success on this movie and how it appeals to the fans could be lingering on these Black Super Predators...

And also can someone give me brief overview of script? My computer to damn slow to download it and to lazy to read all of the post here  :P

TrikSta

I'm surprised none of you are concerned that the planet they're on according to Rodriquez is the actual Predator home planet.

And if they do scrap the Super Pred's idea and make them out to be normal bad blood pred's, I'd like to see the bad blood's stick to there original look, Unarmoured, savage, animalistic, tribal, etc. The look that really distinguishes them from the Originals. If they keep the super pred concept, and allow the BSP to kill our beloved original in the film, I will personally track down Rodriquez and bitch slap him.

Doomofman

Quote from: TrikSta on Feb 19, 2010, 05:11:55 PM
I'm surprised none of you are concerned that the planet they're on according to Rodriquez is the actual Predator home planet.

When was that ever said?

TrikSta

Quote from: Doomofman on Feb 19, 2010, 09:33:14 PM

When was that ever said?

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11949

The last sentence.

Doomofman

Quote from: TrikSta on Feb 23, 2010, 10:57:26 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Feb 19, 2010, 09:33:14 PM

When was that ever said?

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11949

The last sentence.

Just cause a shitty website said it, don't make it true.. It's never said in the script...

ShadowStalker

^^ True, has good point.  But if not their home planet then what is it supposed to be? Some offshot world where there is Predator clans living on?

ShadowPred

A hunting ground of sorts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed