TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 689,998 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Get ready for even more slow mo action scenes if Matrix 4 makes bank. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Considering the film industry's current obsession with nostalgia I'm expecting an early 2000's stylistic renaissance of sorts soon.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quite enjoyed this, thanks largely to Mackenzie Davis.

The Old One

The Old One

Pretty great actor.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

She was just okay in Dark Fate but I think that's more the material, not the actress. But yeah, I'm a fan of hers too.

iain

iain

Finally got round to seeing it. Not as bad as I was expecting but still pretty poor.

Kimo

Kimo

Just rewatched Dark Fate since watching it in the cinima and back then I hated it. Still think it's a bad terminator sequel especially if your comparing it to the first two movies, but second viewing I found it a little more entertaining, maybe be on the same level as Salvation. I think the start were the Rev-9 shows up at Dani's works and the truck chase sequence is the best part of Dark Fate. The rest of the film still fails to deliver.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Darkness

Darkness

Well, I watched it last night and it was definitely better than Genysis and Salvation. Maybe even 3 as well though I liked Kristanna Loken. The action scenes were pretty exhilarating to watch. I really liked the Rev 9 and the actor playing him. Reminded me a lot of Robert Patrick. The de-aging CGI on the intro scene was amazing as well.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Even those who hate the movie admit the action scenes are intense

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Funny enough, as someone who genuinely really enjoyed the film, I thought most of the action (apart from the opening factory/highway setpiece, which was pretty fantastic) was... kind of a letdown. The setpieces themselves were quite nice and the characters made it all work in the end, but Miller does not have the eye for action that Jimbo has.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 19, 2020, 08:33:47 AM
Well, I watched it last night and it was definitely better than Genysis and Salvation. Maybe even 3 as well though I liked Kristanna Loken. The action scenes were pretty exhilarating to watch. I really liked the Rev 9 and the actor playing him. Reminded me a lot of Robert Patrick. The de-aging CGI on the intro scene was amazing as well.

For Eddie and Linda, oh yeah, I agree 100%, even though I'm not sure how much of that was de-aging versus creating young faces on body doubles.  But as for Arnie, his young CG was just awful imo.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2020, 02:26:50 PM

For Eddie and Linda, oh yeah, I agree 100%, even though I'm not sure how much of that was de-aging versus creating young faces on body doubles.  But as for Arnie, his young CG was just awful imo.
I still maintain it isn't a terminator, it's Duke Nukem.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 20, 2020, 03:18:48 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 20, 2020, 02:26:50 PM

I still maintain it isn't a terminator, it's Duke Nukem.

:D

Indeed!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He didn't even look much like Arnold to me, more like a mid tier lookalike.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed