Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 411,588 times)

PredalienXenomorph

Basketball, hockey, and soccer are the most popular in my school. I wish we had a wrestling team this year. :'(

Geronimo

Geronimo

Soccer, Volley- Ball, and Track and Field at my school. My school is the greatest at track and field and volley-ball in the entire region!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wish my high school had had a wrestling team. 23 now, and given my workout goals, it's too cardio intensive for me to learn seriously.

Quote from: Pn2501 on Dec 13, 2010, 12:41:41 AM
"why I am cheering for my team? It doesn't mean any -- it doesn't make sense. But the point is, it does make sense: it's a way of building up irrational attitudes of submission to authority, and group cohesion behind leadership elements -- in fact, it's training in irrational jingoism. That's also a feature of competitive sports. I think if you look closely at these things, I think, typically, they do have functions, and that's why energy is devoted to supporting them and creating a basis for them and advertisers are willing to pay for them and so on". - Noam Chomsky

so what's he saying? that stupidity is part of the human condition?

chupacabras acheronsis

"eveybody says it's okay to lose, that the important thing is to have fun. but they know it's not true. they need a winner, thhey need to see victory, to see the weak one fall. that is not just competition, it's the survival of the Fittest, and as much as we repulse this cruel and primal nature, we instinctively know that it must happen, for our species to continue and prosper, just like any other animal on earth. we fight, and we will do anything it takes to win"

Predator Queen

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 15, 2010, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: Pn2501 on Dec 13, 2010, 12:41:41 AM
"why I am cheering for my team? It doesn't mean any -- it doesn't make sense. But the point is, it does make sense: it's a way of building up irrational attitudes of submission to authority, and group cohesion behind leadership elements -- in fact, it's training in irrational jingoism. That's also a feature of competitive sports. I think if you look closely at these things, I think, typically, they do have functions, and that's why energy is devoted to supporting them and creating a basis for them and advertisers are willing to pay for them and so on". - Noam Chomsky

so what's he saying? that stupidity is part of the human condition?
I agree with that!

robogutswolfpred

why would anyone hate sports!

EEV2650

EEV2650

I hate People trying to tell you how to do your job

SM

SM

Quote from: robogutswolfpred on Dec 17, 2010, 01:23:07 AM
why would anyone hate sports!

Why wouldn't they?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: EEV2650 on Dec 17, 2010, 01:36:38 AM

You should go into private security :P

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 17, 2010, 02:07:11 AM
Quote from: EEV2650 on Dec 17, 2010, 01:36:38 AM

You should go into private security :P

Do people not get in your business in that profession?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The :P was indicative of sarcasm. It's the worst dude. People always assume that if they're the client signing the contract with the security then they ultimately and always have the final say in what a guard does, which is BS. Security company's rules also have to be adhered to and the guard has to act in a manner that benefits both parties not just one.

Nope

Nope

Are you in that proffesion Doom?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yup. Work as a security guard in a warehouse.

EEV2650

EEV2650

You're contractor is a film/music business, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed