Mod Requests / Idea Sharing

Started by Undel, Aug 21, 2010, 03:18:35 AM

Author
Mod Requests / Idea Sharing (Read 107,307 times)

ikarop

ikarop

It can be done. I don't think it's been ever posted but you should know it leads to major cheating. Which is why there will be no public posting of how to edit that specific effect. Hope you understand.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 09, 2011, 05:07:20 PM
It can be done. I don't think it's been ever posted but you should know it leads to major cheating. Which is why there will be no public posting of how to edit that specific effect. Hope you understand.
AvP2 all over again. Glad I left PC gaming.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: AcidGlow on Jul 10, 2011, 04:28:33 PM

It has nothing to do with the AvP2 days. What I call major cheating may be minor for others.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 10, 2011, 04:44:54 PM

It has nothing to do with the AvP2 days. What I call major cheating may be minor for others.

True. But all I wanted to do was change the cloaking effect so it looks more like the movies. And change the time it takes to cloak and uncloak.

ikarop

ikarop

Lately I've been creating and reworking textures of hive walls for a personal project. So I decided to port some of them into AvP. This mod should be available tomorrow here: http://www.moddb.com/games/avp2010/addons/alternate-hive-walls-mod

T.L.22

T.L.22

That looks disgustingly awesome.

Such a bummer to be greeted with The addon you are trying to view (Alternate Hive Walls Mod - HiveWalls.rar) uploaded by AvPGalaxy is currently awaiting authorisation.

It'll certainly make playing Refinery quite a bit more interesting. :)

ikarop

ikarop

Sorry about that. It seems like Modb is taking a while to approve it. And thanks. The gigerish columns don't look as I expected but I'm happy with the overall results.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: ikarop on Aug 03, 2011, 02:17:44 PM
Sorry about that. It seems like Modb is taking a while to approve it. And thanks. The gigerish columns don't look as I expected but I'm happy with the overall results.

OH MY GOD THAT WOULD MAKE THE ALIENS A MILLION TIMES COOLER!  ;D

I was wondering if I could import game models into Maya or Autodesk. Is that possible?

I am trying out the Unreal Development Kit, and I'd be attempting to make a small machinima or some kind of a map featuring elements from the AvP franchises.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Aug 03, 2011, 03:26:30 PM

I was wondering if I could import game models into Maya or Autodesk. Is that possible?

I am trying out the Unreal Development Kit, and I'd be attempting to make a small machinima or some kind of a map featuring elements from the AvP franchises.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34532.msg1125924#msg1125924

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: ikarop on Aug 03, 2011, 04:30:13 PM
Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Aug 03, 2011, 03:26:30 PM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34532.msg1125924#msg1125924

Thank you. :)
Should have looked for it, in the first place.

ikarop

ikarop

No problem. If you have any questions about the exporting method let me know or post them on the tech issues/questions thread.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 10, 2011, 04:44:54 PM

If it's major enough for you to not post, then that's enough to know there's some risk involved with telling people how to change the texture of the cloak to make moving or stationary preds more visible then they should be.
Like you said it:
It can be done.  but you should know it leads to major cheating.

T.L.22

T.L.22

I'd like to think the pros of mods enhancing one's gameplay experience be it through more interesting skins or more satisfying sounds and the like far outweigh the cheating that can be done with them.

Half glass full! Half glass full!!! :P

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: T.L.22 on Aug 07, 2011, 07:06:11 PM
I'd like to think the pros of mods enhancing one's gameplay experience be it through more interesting skins or more satisfying sounds and the like far outweigh the cheating that can be done with them.

Half glass full! Half glass full!!! :P

I'm pretty sure one of them should be "Half glass empty" :P

AvPYoDa

AvPYoDa

hey mate,
so i was playing the predator campaign and i always wondered, how did the youngbloods die?
we all KNOW from the fact there are marines around them but they are unscathed and have absolutely no indication they were shot etc.
i decide to try making their skins with splatters but due to the fact that paintshop pro is all i have and i dont know how to edit individual layers, the finished "mod" looks "wet" or shiny.
i was wondering if i gave you the right chunks and original images (save you searching for them) would you be able to sort it out for me?

also the same thing on refinery but i kind of wanted to do an alien headbite on that predator since hes inside the hive.
same thing again, if i send you the files would you be able to do it for me? of course release it as your own mod since i fail terribly on mods this size lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed