Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,765 times)

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 29, 2012, 02:03:21 PM
Quote from: Xenokiller on Jun 29, 2012, 12:29:50 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 28, 2012, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 28, 2012, 08:10:37 PM
I think Malekith is a pretty good guess. He's a pretty consistent villain throughout the series. And, as you said SF, Mads could really pull him off.  :)

Honestly I was hoping they would use Thanos. It would be a good way to illustrate how powerful both characters are and also open up the realm of Marvels cosmic characters. Ah well.
Well if the guardians rumors are true that is what the guardians movie will do

Yeah, I figure BUT... do you want to see an epic battle (and build up) between Thor and Thanos where Odin has to save his ass in the end?

Or...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/084/b/7/Rocket_Raccoon_by_JoelRCarroll.jpg
Im sure Thor will fight Thanos but who doesn't want to see star lord and rocket raccoon on the big screen?

Ruadh

Ruadh

People who haven't read the source material. Some responses to these stories are already calling the raccoon the worse thing since the Ewoks.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Ruadh on Jun 29, 2012, 04:36:34 PM
People who haven't read the source material. Some responses to these stories are already calling the raccoon the worse thing since the Ewoks.

I've been reading comics for longer than I care to admit. Still doesn't change (source material or not) that my personal feelings is that Thanos in Thor 2 would be a better intro to cosmic Marvel and that Rocket Racoon is lame.

Of course though this is all moot.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

ewoks weren't bad, have u read any GoG comics? Rocket is funnier then hell and a valuable member of the team, let's get over the fact it's illogical, people liked the hulk in the avengers cuz he blew stuff up and was funny, rocket raccoon has the same potential.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Xenokiller on Jun 29, 2012, 04:46:18 PM
ewoks weren't bad, have u read any GoG comics? Rocket is funnier then hell and a valuable member of the team, let's get over the fact it's illogical, people liked the hulk in the avengers cuz he blew stuff up and was funny, rocket raccoon has the same potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI#ws

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 29, 2012, 05:12:02 PM

Yes, hulk smash, that's why people like him. If u think about it he is a truly unbelievable character, someone who gets super strong and green from gamma radiation? Not much more far fetched then a talking raccoon...

Ruadh

Ruadh

I guess ewoks weren't bad, but they were cheese and created simply to sell toys etc. And I'm not saying ANYTHING against Rocket Raccoon...I'm just pointing out the initial reactions.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm not surprised that people are skeptical to it, my own friends who haven't read the comics are as well. Hopefully, people will come around when the first trailers start popping up.

Ruadh

Ruadh

I admit I'm skeptical about it, but....Marvel has done a good job so far. I'll reserve true judgement until the trailer.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Xenokiller on Jun 29, 2012, 05:16:24 PM

Yes, hulk smash, that's why people like him. If u think about it he is a truly unbelievable character, someone who gets super strong and green from gamma radiation? Not much more far fetched then a talking raccoon...

Lol its not a matter of believability. 99% of comic books aren't believable characters.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 29, 2012, 05:30:13 PM
Quote from: Xenokiller on Jun 29, 2012, 05:16:24 PM

Lol its not a matter of believability. 99% of comic books aren't believable characters.
Then what?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

For me? I just find the character lame. That simple. Taste is taste. That simple dude.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 29, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
For me? I just find the character lame. That simple. Taste is taste. That simple dude.
I'm just curious how do you find him lame?I found he was funny bad@$$

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Xenokiller on Jun 29, 2012, 05:57:42 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 29, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
I'm just curious how do you find him lame?I found he was funny bad@$$

Just don't like the character, honestly. Theres no real strong reasons. I just found him to be a cheap laugh so to speak. Honestly, its not that deep. Pertaining to Marvel I feel like they could have made a hell of a lot better choices to introduce the cosmic side to Marvel (as aforementioned Thanos coming to Asgard grip I have).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

People who haven't read the source material.

Not entirely true. I was excited for this film long before I read the comics or knew who the characters were. I was just drawn in to the concept of a space-based superhero team.

I will, however, admit that the comics solidified my faith in the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed