Ghost in the Shell "Arise" aka GITS Appreciation thread ( AKA BIG PERSONS TABLE)

Started by Rong, Jan 21, 2013, 10:16:42 PM

Author
Ghost in the Shell "Arise" aka GITS Appreciation thread ( AKA BIG PERSONS TABLE) (Read 17,133 times)

Rong

Rong

Shirow Pitched the main concepts of the series im very happy about that.. that niqqa knows he's shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzJ5yj8roiM#ws

They all do look a little younger.

also group shot

DaddyYautja

What the hell did they do to Saito's hair?

Blacklabel

The amount of "serious complaints" about Kusanagi's lack of LARGE TITS AND ASS... is disheartening and very silly.  :laugh:

If that's all that GITS fanboys care about then they can all get f**ked. >:(

Vepariga

Looks great! love me some more GITS.

Rong

Yeah always wanting fanservice... i'm sure there will be some sort of bathing suit underwear scene shoved in somewhere.

i notice there aren't any tachikomas... cvalda will be happy...

Blacklabel

One other complaint they have is.. "where's Yoko Kanno?"... and i can relate to that actually.. i love her stuff in the show...

but she did rip off tons of tunes from lesser known musicians.

for instance:
Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZuArYiXpkM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBfYXE098bA# ...i actually prefer Yoko Kanno's version.. better vocals, orchestration and beats.... but that IS a rip off.
[close]

I'm not overly fond of this Cornelius fella... but i'll wait and see... i do dig that rockier tune towards the end of the new trailer.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Rong Swanton on Feb 13, 2013, 10:42:33 PM

Wasnt that red one a tachikoma?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I only seen the first movie which was in 2008 and loved it. I remember seeing bits of the TV show when it was on Adult Swim like several years ago. I never saw the second movie.

Rong

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 14, 2013, 02:14:13 AM
Quote from: Rong Swanton on Feb 13, 2013, 10:42:33 PM

Wasnt that red one a tachikoma?

I'm not sure i suppose it could be a prototype, just doesn't really have the same appendages i thought it was some sort of nurse robot given the scene it was shown in, also Kusanagi was shown riding a motorcycle not a tachikoma...

Kimarhi

Wait, is this a prequel to first and second gig?  To lazy to go back and check with this slow ass internet connection.

First Blood

This looks promising. I will seek it out. And yay, I get to post at the BIG PERSONS table finally.

SpaceMarines

Been watching Stand Alone Complex. I'm really liking it; very different tone to the films, but I'd say equally good.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 12, 2013, 11:42:00 PM
Wait, is this a prequel to first and second gig?  To lazy to go back and check with this slow ass internet connection.

Prequel. Shows how Section 9, Kusanagi and Batou got together to kick arse. :P

Kimarhi

Awesome sauce.  Loved the original movie and the first gig.

Also, has anybody heard whether or not the spielberg/Gits movie got off the ground?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed