DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,821 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 04, 2014, 05:49:28 AM
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-signs-dc-comics-has-no-clue-how-to-make-superhero-movies_p2/

Well that's a shit amateur article. It's basing the whole DCU on two promotional images and one film, whilst also comparing it to the dark knight. You get better articles in a university paper

Magegg

Magegg

Anything bashing Goyer is OK for me  ;D

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Well if Marvel is doing things "right", then I desperately want DC to go the opposite of what Marvel did. One movie that was trying to be a bit more like a marvel movie was Green Lantern and we all know how that turned out.

What worked for Marvel will never work for DC. Marvel comics are fun reads, which can very easily be transitioned to a movie.
DC Comics have a far more serious and especially sociocritical take on comics, far more complex. Of course it's more difficult to make good movies out of them and trying to copy marvel will not work for them at all. Most DC characters are gods or aliens except for Batman... and I'm not talking Gods like Thor who simply is exceptionally strong and swings a hammer, I mean Beings like Martian Manhunter who reads minds, Green Lantern who can transcend imaginations to concrete items, the Flash who's ability is speed, something very quirky to try in a movie.

The only hero who falls out of this is Shazam... and that's because he's not really a DC character.

So stop trying to sell me this bullshit that DC should copy Marvel, it won't work... except for something like Shazam maybe.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Tangakkai on Sep 04, 2014, 07:54:33 AM
Well if Marvel is doing things "right", then I desperately want DC to go the opposite of what Marvel did. One movie that was trying to be a bit more like a marvel movie was Green Lantern and we all know how that turned out.

What worked for Marvel will never work for DC. Marvel comics are fun reads, which can very easily be transitioned to a movie.
DC Comics have a far more serious and especially sociocritical take on comics, far more complex. Of course it's more difficult to make good movies out of them and trying to copy marvel will not work for them at all. Most DC characters are gods or aliens except for Batman... and I'm not talking Gods like Thor who simply is exceptionally strong and swings a hammer, I mean Beings like Martian Manhunter who reads minds, Green Lantern who can transcend imaginations to concrete items, the Flash who's ability is speed, something very quirky to try in a movie.

The only hero who falls out of this is Shazam... and that's because he's not really a DC character.

So stop trying to sell me this bullshit that DC should copy Marvel, it won't work... except for something like Shazam maybe.
No one's saying they should imitate Marvel in everything, but what they have done in MoS and what we've seen in BvS so far doesn't seem to be the right route for the DC characters, or at least for Superman either. And if we pay attention that the Justice League movie is going to be made by the same guys...

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Most people would say that they are taking it in the right direction. What have you gathered from a few press pics and a 10 second teaser that makes you so sure they have gone down the wrong route.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm more annoyed by how people treat this like a a dumb Marvel vs DC thing, when DC itself isn't even making any movies.

Magegg

Magegg

Josh Brolin could have been the perfect Shazam, sadly he's already married to Marvel Studios  ::)

Magegg

Magegg

Trying to compete with Guardians of the Galaxy, I guess  :D OK, that's pathetic.

Magegg

Magegg

Anyone would mind Zooey Deschannel for Zatana??

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 17, 2014, 12:31:01 AM
Anyone would mind Zooey Deschannel for Zatana??

Sure, why not.

Russ

Russ

Magegg

Magegg

QuoteStatic Shock Comes To The Big Screen

Michael Davies writes,

I'm so happy I can hardly breath!

Static Shock! The character created by Denys Cowan, Derek Dingle, Christopher Priest, Dwayne McDuffie and myself is on its way the big screen!!

Soon and I mean VERY SOON, Virgil, Richie and Sharon will be given their long overdo due on the big screen! I'm ecstatic, delighted, and blissful that finally my friends and family will be able to sit down in a theater and rejoice in the wonder that is Static Shock!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/07/static-shock-comes-to-the-big-screen/

YEEESSS!! YEEEESSS!!  ;D

QuoteRumors state Jaden Smith could play the character

NOOO!! NOOOOOOO!! D:

And here's a fanfilm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COahWJf2NA4#ws

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa. I absolutely loved the show growing up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed