DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 121,822 times)

Russ

Russ

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Oct 25, 2017, 10:52:36 PM
It seems that a Deathstroke could be getting made.

https://www.thewrap.com/gareth-evans-dc-comics-deathstroke/

I love DC movies, I really do. But my first response to this when it popped up in my feed today was "meh." Don't get me wrong... Slade is cool, but I'm not really that excited to see a movie about him.

I guess they're going to want to set him up as a baddie for Batman along the line (now that he isn't the baddie in "the Batman") and give him some real depth? It's interesting, but I'm not particularly excited... and I'm annoyed with myself because of that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think DC needs to concentrate on buttering their bread before branching out.  Hell, Marvel thought that Guardians of the Galaxy was a big risk even after the success of the The Avengers.

Alionic

Alionic

Thor Ragnarok will probably do better commercially and critically than JL. How sad is that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 31, 2017, 04:50:33 PM
I think DC needs to concentrate on buttering their bread before branching out.  Hell, Marvel thought that Guardians of the Galaxy was a big risk even after the success of the The Avengers.

They really did it the wrong way around. I know it'd have kept DC behind but they should have done all the separate films, established the heroes and villains, then gone and done the ensemble pieces like JL and SS. It might have taken longer but they may have gotten stronger movies out of it. Less baggage.

Magegg

Magegg

I don't think the "baggage" was any problem. People are already familiar with Batman and Flash thanks to other media.

The problem of Batman v Superman wasn't the set up but the whole narrative and plot.

As for other characters like Wonder Woman and Aquaman... they don't need to have their movies first in order to appear as part of the team. Look at Black Panther and Spider-Man at Captain America: Civil War. They were introduced smoothly in a Captain America movie, and then they had their spinoffs. And everything worked perfectly.

Russ

Russ

I'm sure I've seen this on here, but it cropped up again today in my facebook feed and I thought that I'd repost it because (typically) a huge flame war erupted over it.

I'm of the view that the symbolism is very much on purpose, but there are opposing views:

"Snyder didn't do this. Y'all are stretching to find something that isn't there. You're talking about a guy whose idea of symbolism is framing a picture of Jesus behind Clark's head lmao"

"Reaching"

"Maybe they should have concentrated on the story of the movie instead of Snyder's shit visuals"

"Snyder aint the genius you try so hard to make him look like. Just stop. He is a shitty storyteller."

Like I say, for me, its on point:

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 01, 2017, 05:35:07 AM
Thor Ragnarok will probably do better commercially and critically than JL. How sad is that.

Scorpio

Scorpio

If you're talking RT score, given all the recent revelations that's come about that..

Commercially, DCEU gets better averages than Marvel (MCU).

Not that it matters to me.  DC has 3 of the greatest comic book characters of all time.  Marvel (MCU) has Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.  Nothing need more be said.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 23, 2017, 05:24:32 AM
If you're talking RT score, given all the recent revelations that's come about that..

Commercially, DCEU gets better averages than Marvel (MCU).

Not that it matters to me.  DC has 3 of the greatest comic book characters of all time.  Marvel (MCU) has Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.  Nothing need more be said.

What?  :D

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Russ on Nov 07, 2017, 12:41:03 PMLike I say, for me, its on point:

Anyway, it fails in the most important mission of any filmmaker: making an enjoyable movie.

Immortan Jonesy

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 23, 2017, 03:58:56 PM
Anyway, it fails in the most important mission of any filmmaker: making an enjoyable movie.

Correction: A movie you didn't enjoy.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Russ on Dec 01, 2017, 09:18:37 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Nov 23, 2017, 03:58:56 PM

Correction: A movie you didn't enjoy.
Almost no one enjoyed it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed