(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards.

Started by windebieste, Mar 30, 2016, 05:09:41 AM

Author
(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards. (Read 23,813 times)

Corporal Hicks

Love Snatched from Above! The first time that happened to me I absolutely chat my pants.  :laugh:

Quote from: windebieste on May 20, 2016, 11:32:22 AM
Not a single complete base set from an entire box?  Man, that sux nobz. 

I know.  :-\ Ended up snagging a complete set by luck at a convention I was at that weekend (a DC-verse one, funnily enough) so I'm happy now.

QuoteI'd love to make up a dummy 'ALIEN: Isolation' box with 36 dummy wax wrap packets inside - but I just don't have the time at the moment. 

That'll be awesome if you get round to it!

windebieste

Oh yeah, that getting grabbed from the ceiling vents by Stompy is a truly special moment. 

Draw No. 26

Numbers drawn: 74, 38, 73, 88, 19, 71.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  74(2), 38(1), 19(2), 71(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Lots of shots of Stompy, including his appearance in 2 unique cards.  Nice.  A couple shots of androids and a bunch of survivors caught up in the whole mess. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think I've ever seen an image of Stompy and not gone, "damn!"

Loving 73. I always hated (loved) when both the Alien and Joes got together in the same sections. The amount of times one of the Joes got me and the Alien would just come barging him out the way.

windebieste

I understand what you mean.  It's a testimony to how amazing Giger's original design actually is.  You have to wonder why anyone would want to change it?  'ALIEN: Isolation' genuinely highlights how simultaneously mesmerising and grotesque the original monster was.  Hopefully Scott will revisit Giger's original creature in one of his upcoming movies.

Anyway...

Draw No. 27

Numbers drawn: 65, 46, 40, 44, 58, 50.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency): 65(2), 46(3), 40(1), 44(2), 58(2), 50(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

More duplicates, sorry 'bout that, Chief.  All good cards, though; all out to remind you how awesome a genuine set of nostalgia fuelled 'ALIEN: Isolation' trading cards could actually be!

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I do have to wonder if there was a limit to the distribution per box. We've had 27 boosters so far and we've not completed the set yet. We've not quite opened a box though, I think the Alien set came out with 36 packs to a box. I wonder if we can finish the set in the next 9 packs!

windebieste

Yes.  There was indeed 36 packs of cards per box.  Here's what a complete and unopened Topps box of 1979 'ALIEN' bubblegum cards looks like.  36 unopened wax wrapped packs with cards and gum:

The box is in fantastic condition and none of the packets have ever been
opened.  Wanna try some gum?
  :laugh:

Anyway, chances of all the remaining cards appearing in the last 7 packs are slim at best.  Let's see what we can pull out of the packet with this Draw...

Draw No. 28

Numbers drawn: 93, 49, 82, 76, 38, 40.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  93(2), 49(2), 82(2), 38(2), 40(2).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Lots of shots of Stompy!  Niiiice... including unique card No.76, 'THE FARM'. 

That hive may not have been very large or extensive; but it was one of the most nerve wracking parts of the entire game, loaded with 'Nope!  I AM NOT going in there!'

...well, not for very long, anyway. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on May 26, 2016, 10:22:55 AMThat hive may not have been very large or extensive; but it was one of the most nerve wracking parts of the entire game, loaded with 'Nope!  I AM NOT going in there!'

I remember the first time I got to the hive, it was at the end of a pretty marathon session with the game, and I took one look at what was ahead and decided that was enough for today lol.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 26, 2016, 11:01:15 AM
Quote from: windebieste on May 26, 2016, 10:22:55 AMThat hive may not have been very large or extensive; but it was one of the most nerve wracking parts of the entire game, loaded with 'Nope!  I AM NOT going in there!'

I remember the first time I got to the hive, it was at the end of a pretty marathon session with the game, and I took one look at what was ahead and decided that was enough for today lol.

:laugh: I'm pretty sure I did the same. I think I did the campaign over 2 days and ended the first day on that note well after midnight.

Quote from: windebieste on May 26, 2016, 10:22:55 AM
Yes.  There was indeed 36 packs of cards per box.  Here's what a complete and unopened Topps box of 1979 'ALIEN' bubblegum cards looks like.  36 unopened wax wrapped packs with cards and gum:

The box is in fantastic condition and none of the packets have ever been
opened.  Wanna try some gum?
  :laugh:

Anyway, chances of all the remaining cards appearing in the last 7 packs are slim at best.  Let's see what we can pull out of the packet with this Draw...

That's a cool collector's piece. And look at that price!

windebieste

At less than 2c per card/sticker, that's got to be a price that's hard to beat.  God knows what that box is worth now...

All the same, it's on with the next Draw, where all the cards are FREE!  :)

Draw No. 29

Numbers drawn: 52, 48, 96, 25, 23, 59.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  52(2), 48(1), 96(2), 25(1), 59(1).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

A nice mix of people, scenarios and locations.  Let's see, there's a couple of Amanda.  Waits is in there, too; plus there's  a few survivors - although 2 of tehm are about to be history very quickly - and Marlow gets represented.  All duplicates except for the one card that features Stompy. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love that the card is titled Nowhere to Run considering the caption with the Covenant picture yesterday!  :laugh:

We're not doing too bad. Another 17 cards and I think we've done the set!

windebieste

For sure.  Hope you don't mind those very last few items in the set being a real bitch to draw.  You know it's gonna be hard grabbing that last card for the set.  Like a 'Dark Souls' boss fight, it aint gon b easy.   :laugh:

Draw No. 30

Numbers drawn: 11, 78, 4, 29, 32, 28.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  11(2), 4(4), 32(2), 28(4).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

Oh, 4 duplicate items.  That means 2 cards are new and as such are most welcome.  Can't complain about that at this stage.   This is a great result, indeed!  As for those 2 unique items, we get a facehugger and nice shot of Amanda.  Not just that, but it's the first card in an 'Amanda hat trick' for this Draw.  lol. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not going to complain about 2 new cards. I'm liking A Facehugger Emerges. Where did you take that particular shot?

windebieste

I think that one was taken after Amanda was abducted and frees herself from being cocooned.  I'm sure - but not 100% certain - that it's one of the facehugger spawning eggs in that room or very nearby.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Did you specifically go hunting down an image like that at that point in the game?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed