Humans awareness of extraterrestrials in the Alien Series

Started by T Dog, Jul 04, 2016, 01:00:22 PM

Author
Humans awareness of extraterrestrials in the Alien Series (Read 14,528 times)

Inverse Effect

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 17, 2016, 10:17:21 AM
The novel of Alien explicitly states mankind has met alien species before, just nothing sentient.

As others have said, things said during the hearing in Aliens implies some kind of extraterrestrial life has been encountered before.

Well i've always taken it as that the Specific Xenomorph has never been accounted for as being an alien that's been en counted before. Humans have encountered Alien life. But what Ripley described has never been encountered before.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mrcreosote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:47:30 AM
Why have colonial marines ? Are they just anti terrorist or anti little green men!

To rid the galaxy of xenos, heretics, mutants and the Forces of Chaos.  The Emperor protects...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 17, 2016, 01:24:28 PM
Quote from: Mrcreosote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:47:30 AM
Why have colonial marines ? Are they just anti terrorist or anti little green men!

To rid the galaxy of xenos, heretics, mutants and the Forces of Chaos.  The Emperor protects...

Fear the alien, hate the alien, kill the alien...

Kel G 426

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 16, 2016, 04:10:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2016, 07:33:04 AM
QuoteRegarding the Predator post. Maybe there's Sects or Caste? Within Predator Race? Similar to the Tau from Warhammer? Fire Cast do the Fighting aka the Predator Hunters etc. Then you have the Engineer Caste aka Earth Caste for Tau. This caste provides for the manufacturing, agricultural, industrial, artisans.

No doubt. An entire race dedicated to just going out there killing wouldn't be too productive. There'd have to be others with other careers. Even if they are just supporting the killing angle.

Seeing as the Predators live incredibly long lives, I think virtually all of them have enough times for civilization maintaining duties. The hunt being this cultural tradition or personal hobby for the entire race because it seems in their nature.

But the long life is the secret to how they have time to make technology and maintain their society. The hunt is something that helps clans bond by sharing stories.

Just my two cents. I am excited to see if/how Shane Black will explore this.

I like to think the Predators we've seen may be an engineered or selectively bred species.  A naturally evolved Predator may look quite different from the hunters, and much easier to accept as a scientist or whatever.

Inverse Effect

Now we're bringing Predators into the Alienverse lol

Corporal Hicks

They'll be linked forever.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2016, 07:24:56 AM

Not if I'm successful at making the heads of all the Predator fans explode.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2016, 12:14:32 AM

Not if I'm successful at making the heads of all the Predator fans explode.

So you want our heads to go like this? 2:00

Inverse Effect

I can't Argue against that on a Technical level considering Fox hasn't said AVP isn't canon, nor do any of the Events in AVP conflict with the Alien films.

Corporal Hicks

Prometheus steps on AvP's toes but it doesn't matter. I think the concept will persist. They'll always exist on there own but I don't think the link of AvP will disappear. Personally, I hope some success with Covenant/3.2 and The Predator will lead to them having another go at an Alien vs. Predator film.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 07:35:45 AM
Prometheus steps on AvP's toes but it doesn't matter. I think the concept will persist. They'll always exist on there own but I don't think the link of AvP will disappear. Personally, I hope some success with Covenant/3.2 and The Predator will lead to them having another go at an Alien vs. Predator film.

I shudder...

And yet, I would love a literal adaptation of the original AVP series.

Corporal Hicks

There's still a fantastic film to have in AvP! I stand by my wishlist from last year.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I look forward to the day when the legs of the Alien franchise are no longer shackled to the balls-and-chains that are Sigourney Weaver and the Predator.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2016, 07:02:49 PM
I look forward to the day when the legs of the Alien franchise are no longer shackled to the balls-and-chains that are Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Henn, Michael Biehn and anyone else named 'Ripley'.

Fixed this for you.  :P

Definitely agree, unshackle the Alien from Weaver.

But I gotta disagree with separating it from Predator. My friend thinks it's Predator that is actually riding on the back of the Alien for success.

I think both do well alone as well as together.

426Buddy

I think aliens and predators are great by themselves. But in hindsight I think the crossover should have stayed with the comics and games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed