Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 79,212 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2016, 04:25:56 AM
How much you wanna bet the rest of it looks like the Deacon?

Maybe it will look like Deacon's big brother Ted.

windebieste

You do realise if this movie does well, Blomkamp's proposal will probably be set aside, possibly for good.  Fox will concentrate on the sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  There won't be a retcon either way. 

I can see Blomkamp picking up the sequel and be its director.  That's more likely to happen. 

Scott:  "Well, that movie worked out well.  Neill, would you like to make the sequel?"
Blomkamp:  "Hell's YEAH!"
Scott:  "Cool.  How about that 'ALIEN 3' retcon bring back Ripley and Hicks and stuff..?"
Blomkamp:  "Pffftt... Screw that fan fiction bollocks.  I want to make a REAL 'ALIEN' movie."
Scott:  "OK, then.  Done deal.  Let's do it!"

-Windebieste.

Beatnation

Nice, Ridley keep Blomhack far away from Alien franchise please.

cyperon

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 24, 2016, 03:07:17 AM
Quote from: cyperon on Nov 24, 2016, 01:56:49 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Nov 23, 2016, 11:56:51 PM
Oh gosh, I hope this rush doesn´t flaw the final film, my concern if they would have time to make a decent edit. Fingers crossed.

Fassbender recently said that he knew of a full cut of the film already being complete. From what I've seen, there's been a lot of indication that practical effects have been a focus within the production. Not to mention, there was apparently a lot of on location shooting. August did seem a bit far. With limited CGI, this new date makes sense. Why wait?

Limited CGI. Lol, no there will still be lots of CGI.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that CG animation will be utilized. I just meant that by all accounts that we've been privy to, a lot of practical effects went into this production and the final cut will come faster as a result. Despite the existence of CG, practical fx have come a long way, and in my opinion they're more efficient and better looking than CG, with much praise to the kind of brilliant artistry that can be accomplished with that technique.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Nov 24, 2016, 04:26:42 AM
Why ya gotta bring that kind of negativity in here?

I'm a Seppo and misery loves company.

Ratchetcomand

The movie coming out in May now worries me since we only have six months to go for marketing. Not to mention Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be out and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is coming the following week too.

BR1XER

My god, I had a horrible dream in hypersleep last week being stalked by the Alien in the Nostromo's landing leg chamber, and it looked exactly like this, under dark green light.

Kimo

Nice teaser poster, I'm glad to see they ain't hiding the Alien from us. So im wondering if the final act of the film has another more sinister creature we ain't seen before? Anyhow I'm just glad we are at least getting some form of the original Alien, even if it does look slightly more organic then the original did. (That's if this Alien from this teaser is the same one/type from the leaked photos a few weeks ago with the Cleft lip)

Taking about them leaked photos? Just think how more awesome this new teaser poster would of been if we never got them leaked photos a few weeks ago. Man we sure have been spoilt and we ain't even had the trailer yet. 

Godzillakuj94

Tag-line reminds me of the last time I played Isolation where I tried running and they say something to the effect of "Don't try running from the alien, it never works".

SiL

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 24, 2016, 05:01:18 AM
The movie coming out in May now worries me since we only have six months to go for marketing. Not to mention Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be out and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is coming the following week too.
Six months is plenty, and likely all they would've done anyway.

BishopShouldGo

Taking this poster in...man, it is damn good to have a straight up Alien film again. No versing, no spin-offing. Just an Alien film. With one hell of an A-list crew.

A lot of talented and A-list crew were associated with the previous films, but certainly not this amount or this amount who are all at their career apexes.

Jenny Quantum

Alien Covenant will come out on same day as Annabella 2 and The Rock's Baywatch. A week later, Pirates 5 will be released. I am happy that release date have been pulled forward but don't think its a good date.

Darth Vile

Like it a lot... throw a big of green mist in there and it would harken back to the original Alien poster...

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Looks great, very effective poster, simple and classic, loving the tagline. And that Alien  :o chrome teeth and dome are back. Lookin' good! Welcome back Big Chap, you've been away too long.

newagescamartist

Hello AVPGalaxy! Longtime lurker, first time poster. The recent news and poster release made me finally register. With that now said:

I know we're all excited to get a "real" Alien movie again, especially from Scott, but I'm worried that seeing the xenomorph so early in the mythos is bad storytelling. Shouldn't the xenomorph's introduction be the '79 film? I'm all for the crazy monsters like the deacon, neomorph, etc, but seeing the xenomorph in Covenant makes me wonder if this is a cash grab. I really hope my cynicism is unwarranted. I'm still really excited to see this film, just dumbfounded that Fox would allow the xenomorph's face to front and center on a poster so early.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed