All Ridley Scott

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 13, 2020, 10:57:35 PM

Author
All Ridley Scott (Read 28,205 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Directed by Jordan Scott

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

She's one of the elf/fairy extras in the scene where Gump finds Jack in the snow by the campfire. Young girl with freckles and strawberry blonde hair.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I haven't seen Legend in eons. I'll keep that in mind next time😅

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

There is a new Ridley Scott book out called "The Last Emperor of Hollywood". Unfortunately it's only available in French at the moment.

Machine translation:

QuoteFrom Alien to Gladiator, Ridley Scott is the filmmaker of great adventures with limitless ambitions. After a fifty-year career, which began with the cult film The Duellists, Scott returns to the Napoleonic epic and entrusts Joaquin Phoenix with the role of the Emperor. Beyond the din of battles, Ridley Scott is also a complex author whose Thelma & Louise remains one of the most flamboyant works. In this exceptional work, we follow Ridley Scott on the enormous sets of his masterpieces, in the power centers of Hollywood, at work carving out scenarios, supervising edits with scalpel precision. Ridley Scott is a cinema giant, an unquenchable life force, who, at over 85 years old, continues to dazzle big screen fanatics. About the author Gilles Penso is a producer, director and screenwriter of documentary films and television programs, notably for France Télévision and Disney Channel. He is also a journalist specializing in fantasy cinema. Fascinated very early on by the work and careers of numerous filmmakers, he wrote a romantic biography of Steven Spielberg. He is also the author of several reference works devoted to cinematographic special effects.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridley-Scott-dernier-empereur-dHollywood/dp/B0CJ2BB2K8

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Rare photo of the Scott Bros. with Moebius and Alejandro Jodorowsky on the far right.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Wow, I never knew Scott brothers met with Jodorowsky. I bet Ridley and Alejandro talked about Dune ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 01, 2024, 03:43:31 PMWow, I never knew Scott brothers met with Jodorowsky. I bet Ridley and Alejandro talked about Dune ;D

I'm trying to figure out what this was all about.

I think the fourth guy from the left is Giger. But not the Giger we all know, rather Fabrice Giger who also happens to be the son of a famous Swiss artist. He was a publisher of comic books such as Metal Hurlant which contains work from artists/authors such as Alejandro Jodorowsky and Moebius.

Between 1999 and 2000, he partnered with Ridley and Tony Scott to launch a website featuring original content based on Humanoids titles. However it seems the website never really took off.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ridley Scott's latest release? Villa holidays at his Provençal estate

Full article here: https://www.ft.com/content/74ce5927-ba64-4267-aba3-4af18f4e2cd1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed