Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 179,014 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting. PO have been accurate in their leaks that they've been dripfeeding so far, so I have no reason to not believe this one! A space setting has the potential to be a very interesting main setting.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, that set photo Alvarez posted on Alien day could very well be a space station, considering the "airlock" and "reception" areas.

Also the nod to Sevastopol station savebooth.

Corporal Hicks

Weren't some of the casting scenes about salvaging a craft?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2023, 02:09:42 PMWeren't some of the casting scenes about salvaging a craft?

Yep. Crew that either goes from ship to planet to station (or, perhaps, simply from ship to station without ever stepping foot on the planet), I'd imagine?

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 03, 2023, 02:12:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2023, 02:09:42 PMWeren't some of the casting scenes about salvaging a craft?

Yep. Crew that either goes from ship to planet to station (or, perhaps, simply from ship to station without ever stepping foot on the planet), I'd imagine?

I wouldn't be surprised if whatever happened in the Romulus space station had something to do with Covenant.

Perfect Organism podcast also teased (a few motnhs ago) that this movie would unite the prequels with the original movies, so the crew in the Romulus station probably intercepted the Covenant and brought hell into their own station, which lead to disaster and them potentially calling for help.

The main characters of this movie are probably stationed on the planet below the Romulus station and go intercept the call for help and shit happens.

Yeah, i guess so.
At first, i thought this was going to be sort of a heist movie, with a bunch of young adults from a deadend colony trying to raid a deserted Weyland-Yutani vessel in hopes of finding stuff to sell, but now i think they are probably just a rescue crew stationed on a planet near the Romulus space station, that will try to intercept whatever call for help the crew of the Romulus has sent.

Nightmare Asylum

If Romulus does indeed end up being the station's name, then I hope the planet's name is Remus.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Interestingly, Romulus was also the name of Rome's last emperor before it fell.

It begins and ends with Romulus.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 03, 2023, 03:44:18 PMInterestingly, Romulus was also the name of Rome's last emperor before it fell.

If this movie ends up being related to Coveant (and the original franchise too) as the rumors/leaks from Perfect Organism seem to imply then that could potentially mean that David's empire could mert its end here.

Given Remus/Romulus connection to wolves and David's comments regarding his xenos being his wolves.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 03, 2023, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 03, 2023, 03:44:18 PMInterestingly, Romulus was also the name of Rome's last emperor before it fell.

If this movie ends up being related to Coveant (and the original franchise too) as the rumors/leaks from Perfect Organism seem to imply then that could potentially mean that David's empire could mean its end here.

Given Remus/Romulus connection to wolves and David's comments regarding his xenos being his wolves.

"When in Rome..."

The obvious Ancient Roman connections does make me think that Ridley's third film might somehow have been integrated into this to a degree. The prequel films do require some kind of closure, 20th/Disney can't really just leave it hanging indefinitely while haring off into other new directions.

So my guess is that Scott read Alvarez's pitch and thought it might be possible to use it as a vehicle to finish David's story.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Yes I always thought it was suspect how Scott so willingly handed the keys over considering he's been so protective of it these last 12 years. It wouldnt surprise me if Fede altered his pitch to include some prequel elements.

Finding the Covenant would be a nice bookend rather than leaving the prequels completely unfinished.

Im not expecting David to turn up though. I think it would be more interesting to just find this ghostship after 40 odd years with completely no explanation as to what became of it or how the Aliens came to be there.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, there wasn't any rumours or sightings of Michael Fassbender near the filming in Budapest.

Though it is still possible he might have a small cameo (perhaps via a recording) like Noomi Rapace had in Covenant. Don't think Noomi turned up on radar while she was filming her Covenant scenes?

BlueMarsalis79

His voice replacing Muthur inside the Covenant would be great.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 03, 2023, 06:41:50 PMYes I always thought it was suspect how Scott so willingly handed the keys over considering he's been so protective of it these last 12 years. It wouldnt surprise me if Fede altered his pitch to include some prequel elements.

Finding the Covenant would be a nice bookend rather than leaving the prequels completely unfinished.

Im not expecting David to turn up though. I think it would be more interesting to just find this ghostship after 40 odd years with completely no explanation as to what became of it or how the Aliens came to be there.

Even if the Covenant ship is mentioned, i seriously doubt that it would be shown, since the aesthetic and technology of that ship doesn't match the retro-cassete style that Fede is embracing.

It would be easier to mention David and the Covenant, but at the same time, not show them at all.
Might as well have the crew of the Romulus space station find the Covenant (off-screen), bring something from it to their own station and then all hell breaks loose, which would lead to our new main characters to board the Romulus in the potentially teased salvage operation.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I think it would have to be shown. If it is the Covenant, it would be a bit of a cop-out not to do so. I dont think the asthetic is too much of a problem. Any interior shots would be redressed and hopefully hived up anyway.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Dec 03, 2023, 08:18:02 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 03, 2023, 06:41:50 PMYes I always thought it was suspect how Scott so willingly handed the keys over considering he's been so protective of it these last 12 years. It wouldnt surprise me if Fede altered his pitch to include some prequel elements.

Even if the Covenant ship is mentioned, i seriously doubt that it would be shown, since the aesthetic and technology of that ship doesn't match the retro-cassete style that Fede is embracing.

No? A lot of the Covenant's interior architecture greatly resembles that of the Nostromo - gangways and ladders, gold-hued machinery and clanking chains.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed