None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
8 (21.6%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
25 (67.6%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 7,448 times)

Kradan

Any examples ?

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2024, 04:55:42 AMAny examples ?
I was talking about like in a general sense, but like if We weren't impressed with the Pred alien design within AVP Requiem But there's like a Fan artist Who redesign it To be better like Spaghetti bastard

SM

Spaghetti does his take on the creatures. Don't recall him doing redesigns.

SiL

I feel that's being a bit pedantic.

SM

How?

His Aliens have all the main features of every other Alien, but done in an ultra thin spindly style.

SiL

I think the guy just means is there a fan artist whose versions of the designs we prefer over the official ones.

Such as Spaghetti PredAlien vs Chet.

SM

Oh right. Fair enough.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: SiL on Jun 17, 2024, 09:01:17 AMI think the guy just means is there a fan artist whose versions of the designs we prefer over the official ones.

Such as Spaghetti PredAlien vs Chet.
yeah, this is what I mean. Sorry for the confusion.

MetalAlien

Quote from: BigChapismyBestFriend on Jun 17, 2024, 03:52:43 AMHas there been any Fan made resigns, wondering Internet that you thought was better than the final product we got in the Alien Franchise
Nearly anything is better than anything post Aliens. Alien3 xeno gets a mild pass.

Citixeno

My main issue with the Ressurection aliens was that they appeared too fleshy. Their faces are too narrow, and the fin of lengthened spines on their tails I didn't really like either, but the lack of biomechanical details was my main issue.

I prefer that if an alien had a human host, it looks relatively consistent with what we saw in A1 and A2. But even then, there is some wiggle room. I used to hate the 3 segment legs of the Ressurection aliens, too, but after seeing them done well on the Isolation design, they have grown on me. As far as that feature goes, I think I had previously thrown out the baby with the bathwater in that I was associating that design element with other bad design elements, but on its own, it was fine.

On the other hand, I don't consider variants, such as those from non-human hosts, or entirely new castes, for enemy units in video games, to be redesigns, as they don't supplant the original. I absolutely love variety and seeing something new; but I don't want it to replace what was old, either. 

BigDaddyJohn

I absolutely love the dog/ox alien from A3. My second favorite after Chap.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Do you know remember the time where Mortal Kombat had the alien character for the 10th game? I generally played that character a lot, and I thought that its design had no problems. When I look at it now...
I think I preferred the fleshmorph
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

BigDaddyJohn

That's pretty damn horrible yeah, but wasn't it supposed to be a cross breed with a mortal kombat character ? Baraka I think.

aliens13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 10:09:59 AMThat's pretty damn horrible yeah, but wasn't it supposed to be a cross breed with a mortal kombat character ? Baraka I think.
Yes, it's a cross breed with Baraka. I hated first but when I find out that it thought that it's OK and besides... It's only an MK model

BlueMarsalis79

No it still sucks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed