Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 20, 2024, 01:25:16 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron (Read 7,855 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 29, 2024, 01:18:40 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 26, 2024, 04:27:28 PMI just saw Cailee Spaeny in Civil War.  She's 25, but she looks like she's about half that.

She's got a nice dump truck tho. 

I can't deny that.

Neila

T-Genisys, T-Dark Fate and THE Predator are among the greatest franchise killers I have ever seen.

SiL

Of those, only one actually seems to have killed a franchise.

aliens13

Quote from: Neila on May 29, 2024, 09:23:58 AMT-Genisys, T-Dark Fate and THE Predator are among the greatest franchise killers I have ever seen.

Jurassic park 3?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2024, 09:53:25 AMOf those, only one actually seems to have killed a franchise.

And even then, Terminator has an anime series coming to Netflix this year.

Supposed "franchise killers" very rarely keep a franchise dead for long (unless said "franchise killer" is the Friday the 13th shareholders, I guess).

Neila

Neila

Quote from: aliens13 on May 29, 2024, 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Neila on May 29, 2024, 09:23:58 AMT-Genisys, T-Dark Fate and THE Predator are among the greatest franchise killers I have ever seen.

Jurassic park 3?
I actually haven't seen it for a long time and would have to watch it again to have an up-to-date opinion.
But I don't think I found it as bad as the ones I mentioned.
It's a matter of taste and I don't assume the commercial success of the films mentioned. The list of my hate films is long (that's certainly the case for everyone) and would probably go beyond the scope.
Maybe even too much for a own thread, maybe there is already, I don't know.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 29, 2024, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2024, 09:53:25 AMOf those, only one actually seems to have killed a franchise.

And even then, Terminator has an anime series coming to Netflix this year.

Supposed "franchise killers" very rarely keep a franchise dead for long (unless said "franchise killer" is the Friday the 13th shareholders, I guess).
Admittedly, franchise killer may be the wrong word...
For me, it's the films that I completely ignore. If there are more films from a brand that are better, then I'll be on board again.

PsyKore

The thing with "franchise killers" is they always show some sparks of potential, or it teases that itch that needs scratching but never quite does, so in a weird way it keeps the franchise alive and fans yearning for better.

But no franchise has probably suffered more "killers" than Halloween. Although I did love Ends even though that seems most hated. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PsyKore on May 29, 2024, 11:13:16 AMAlthough I did love Ends even though that seems most hated. :laugh:

Halloween Ends rocks. Most interesting slasher sequel in... decades, probably.

Immortan Jonesy

The so called 'Franchise Killers' are like Boogeyman stories to scare us, 🙈and apparently they are not so good at killing franchises at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 29, 2024, 11:54:08 AMThe so called 'Franchise Killers' are like Boogeyman stories to scare us, 🙈and apparently they are not so good at killing franchises at all.

The AVPs and The Predator might not have killed the franchise, but they do keep me up at night...

The Cruentus

I wonder if the original version of The Predator would have at least been coherent, I know the reaction to some of the pics were negative and maybe that is why there were reshoots.

Nightmare Asylum

I was kind of excited, based on the initial leaked pics and whatnot, over the prospect of a really schlocky, Predator 2 on steroids (or, perhaps, Predator 2 on even more cocaine?) sort of followup. And I genuinely really like Shane Black as a filmmaker.

The film was probably more coherent before all of the reshoots and whatnot, but overall I think a lot of its major problems do fall on Black and Fred Dekker as well, in addition to the higher ups at Fox.

The Cruentus

Definitely too much comedy involved that's for sure

Jaws the Revenge

The Predator is unfortunately canon. And made on Coke full sugar 😉

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 29, 2024, 08:37:14 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 29, 2024, 01:18:40 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 26, 2024, 04:27:28 PMI just saw Cailee Spaeny in Civil War.  She's 25, but she looks like she's about half that.

She's got a nice dump truck tho. 

I can't deny that.

Let me get this straight, Cailee looks like a twelve year old but has a nice ass? Wtf guys

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed