Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 770,671 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Umm, I know Sticks did CE, and Mono did 2... I don't recall one for 3, though.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I sorta had one for 3; wasn't near as in-depth, though.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 01, 2012, 05:49:01 PM
This is as far as I got before I closed the review, too much stuff in there that might be spoilers without context.
On that same note this is dissapointing.
QuoteThe campaign has few failings, but the primary annoyance is that a lot of great story content is left for the eight hidden Terminals. Unlike previous Halos, the Terminal tale here isn't a side-story, but rather it fills in important backstory for both the main antagonist and a key allied character. Worse, you can't view the videos within the game. Instead, you're directed to Halo Waypoint, which serves only to pull you out of the experience, literally and figuratively.

My Halo 4 OST shipped today as well  ;D

Are these terminals even necessary, they sound like something that is completely optional, like the Halo Novels in order to get more backstory. Pshaw, forget the terminals, I'll just be busting campaign and then forget about them unless I see an achievement for 'em.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 02, 2012, 03:40:22 AM
This is as far as I got before I closed the review, too much stuff in there that might be spoilers without context.
QuoteThe campaign has few failings, but the primary annoyance is that a lot of great story content is left for the eight hidden Terminals. Unlike previous Halos, the Terminal tale here isn't a side-story, but rather it fills in important backstory for both the main antagonist and a key allied character. Worse, you can't view the videos within the game. Instead, you're directed to Halo Waypoint, which serves only to pull you out of the experience, literally and figuratively.

Are these terminals even necessary, they sound like something that is completely optional, like the Halo Novels in order to get more backstory. Pshaw, forget the terminals, I'll just be busting campaign and then forget about them unless I see an achievement for 'em.
Well in the quote he says they are pretty important, but if you just want to run 'n gun doubt they'll matter.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 02, 2012, 03:42:32 AM

Well in the quote he says they are pretty important, but if you just want to run 'n gun doubt they'll matter.

I don't like to run and gun, I take in the sights. Ah, f**k...guess that means I'll have to get to the terminals on the first playthrough...uh, I mean second. First playthrough is going to be Legendary status.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Like Nightlord said, they provide important backstory for the game. Also, there are achievements for them. One for finding the first terminal, and one for finding all of them (I'm assuming that there are eight, one for each level).

Also, I read in an article that the reason they can't be watched in game is because 343i finished them after the game went gold, and Waypoint was the only way they could release them. Not sure how true it is, though; seems to me a bit like a strategy to get more people to download and use Waypoint.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 02, 2012, 03:46:40 AM
Also, I read in an article that the reason they can't be watched in game is because 343i finished them after the game went gold, and Waypoint was the only way they could release them. Not sure how true it is, though; seems to me a bit like a strategy to get more people to download and use Waypoint.
Don't buy that; it would have to be part of the game's code to transmit the confirmation that you've got the Terminal to Waypoint. Something like that is done by design, not by post-finalized addition.

Not to mention, they'd be able to grind through and get them in there, seeing as they're fairly large pieces of the experience. They've only had a month in between, as opposed to the last couple years.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 02, 2012, 03:44:37 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 02, 2012, 03:42:32 AM

I don't like to run and gun, I take in the sights. Ah, f**k...guess that means I'll have to get to the terminals on the first playthrough...uh, I mean second. First playthrough is going to be Legendary status.
Legendary first! good luck with that it's meant to be crazy.
http://www.gamesradar.com/halo-4-terminal-locations-guide/
^ no spoilers if you want to get them all on first go it seems like a decent guide.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Boycott WAYPOINT!!!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Only thing I have against Waypoint is it being used as the destination to view Terminals. I'd say it's nonsense, but it's clearly so that people are forcibly drawn to download it to get the whole story.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 02, 2012, 03:49:13 AM
Don't buy that; it would have to be part of the game's code to transmit the confirmation that you've got the Terminal to Waypoint. Something like that is done by design, not by post-finalized addition.

Not to mention, they'd be able to grind through and get them in there, seeing as they're fairly large pieces of the experience. They've only had a month in between, as opposed to the last couple years.

I don't think that the info is going to go directly from the game to Waypoint. I'm assuming that, when you click on a Terminal in game, you will probably receive a code like the ones in CEA, and then you manually have to input it into Waypoint to receive your video. Otherwise, why would they show off the code feature in the Waypoint vid you posted a day or so ago?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 02, 2012, 03:53:35 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 02, 2012, 03:49:13 AM

I don't think that the info is going to go directly from the game to Waypoint. I'm assuming that, when you click on a Terminal in game, you will probably receive a code like the ones in CEA, and then you manually have to input it into Waypoint to receive your video. Otherwise, why would they show off the code feature in the Waypoint vid you posted a day or so ago?
I was thinking that too, but hell I hope thats not how it has to be done, was so annoying putting in all the codes from anniversary, had to youtube all the terminals for that code at the end, so boring!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Otherwise, why would they show off the code feature in the Waypoint vid you posted a day or so ago?
Promotional codes for armors, skins, DLC passes, the Digital Forward Unto Dawn release, and Mountain Dew Double EXP. That kind of thing. I seriously (really) doubt they're gonna go the "get a pen and paper" route. That'd be beyond absurd, breaking any immersion there is. Also, in the Waypoint trailer it listed the codes and Terminal access separately.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 02, 2012, 03:56:06 AM
I was thinking that too, but hell I hope thats not how it has to be done, was so annoying putting in all the codes from anniversary, had to youtube all the terminals for that code at the end, so boring!
[/quote]

I quite liked it myself. Though maybe its just because I loved the fact that they made it look like the Forerunner map device from Halo Wars :D

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 02, 2012, 04:00:13 AM
Otherwise, why would they show off the code feature in the Waypoint vid you posted a day or so ago?
Promotional codes for armors, skins, DLC passes, the Digital Forward Unto Dawn release, and Mountain Dew Double EXP. That kind of thing. I seriously (really) doubt they're gonna go the "get a pen and paper" route. That'd be beyond absurd, breaking any immersion there is. Also, in the Waypoint trailer it listed the codes and Terminal access separately.

That's true, got a point there. However they end up doing it, I'm not gonna worry about it. As long as I have access to my terminals, I'm happy :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Lulz codes now for Terminals? Yep, I'm with SpaceMarines here, I'll just view this BS on youtube.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed