Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,372,963 times)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 10, 2014, 10:56:29 PM
All that is fine and dandy but if the animals in this film also end up having mammal dna to specifically change their behaviour and inteligence.... Your complaint will be moot. :P

Anyway, even in the unused JP4 script, the "tamed" raptors werent rolling around in the fields waiting for scientists to pet them.. they were violent animals that were constantly strategizing ways to escape their captivity. The director already said the raptors arent gonna be "dog-like pets" in this... just predators in search of prey.

How do you propose mammalian DNA is fused with Archosaurian DNA?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

JP3 wanted to portray particularly smart raptors... in the beginning they talk about how the ones seen previously were smarter than dolphins and apes -- go figure.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Gate on Oct 11, 2014, 06:27:46 AM
How do you propose mammalian DNA is fused with Archosaurian DNA?

I'm glad you asked..

Answer here:
Spoiler
SCIENCE.
[close]

Naissus

Naissus

More like Science!

Gate

Gate

Science can not fuse two completely different classes.

Archosauria and Amphibia/Reptilia are very similar, which is why it worked. Class Mammalia and Class Archosauria are worlds different despite being under the majority of land dwelling "chordata". Furthermore, ingelligence is not a genetic trait that you can claim was "fused"; the movies portray the animals as being likened to the intelligence of Whales and Primates.

I took an entire year for Zoological studies. Not even science can trump this. If it does, then Jurassic Park is no longer set in realistic sci-fi.

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Gate on Oct 11, 2014, 07:10:36 PM

Archosauria and Amphibia/Reptilia are very similar, which is why it worked. Class Mammalia and Class Archosauria are worlds different despite being under the majority of land dwelling "chordata". Furthermore, ingelligence is not a genetic trait that you can claim was "fused"; the movies portray the animals as being likened to the intelligence of Whales and Primates.

I took an entire year for Zoological studies. Not even science can trump this. If it does, then Jurassic Park is no longer set in realistic sci-fi.

Yeh...I think the guys above implied the "Pseudo-" before the "Science"

When I see inaccurate entomology in films it really irks me, being an insect hobbyist...I feel your zoological pain.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

No hybridisation, sure. But it can do gene splicing:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/jan/14/synthetic-biology-spider-goat-genetics

If it does, then Jurassic Park is no longer set in realistic sci-fi.

Terrifying.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It never was to begin with ??? The entire premise of the original film is scientifically absurd. DNA only has a half life of 500 years or so.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..shush.... let them inhabit their realistic scifi dreamland.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 11, 2014, 07:24:59 PM
It never was to begin with ??? The entire premise of the original film is scientifically absurd. DNA only has a half life of 500 years or so.
That doesn't mean it's gone in 521 years. You could still realistically get DNA from a million years old bones, and I have no idea about buried tree sap.

This doesn't really need to be said, but over 1.5 million years would be unreadable, so yes, Dinosaurs 65+ million years old would be utterly impossible.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Noooooo You just destroyed their illusion that Jurassic Park is realistic scifi! FILM IS RUINEDZORZ!

..who cares.  :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BANE on Oct 11, 2014, 07:29:57 PM
That doesn't mean it's gone in 521 years. You could still realistically get DNA from a million years old bones, and I have no idea about buried tree sap.

This doesn't really need to be said, but over 1.5 million years would be unreadable, so yes, Dinosaurs 65+ million years old would be utterly impossible.
No shit. Hence the entire premise of the original film being scientifically absurd.

BANE

BANE

Jesus people calm down I'm agreeing with you.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

No, Bane. tis unforgivable.

Now Gate is gonna stalk you until the end of time because you explained why the film is scientifically unfeasable and thus ruined it FOREVER.

lol.

orchidal

orchidal

If the survivors of JP1 found out by the climax that all those goddamned dirty dinosaurs who'd been hunting them down were really just high functioning animatronics, real science would have been served.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed