Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,372,927 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I rewatched Jurassic Park recently to double check but isn't there a scene in the helicopter where Malcolm compliments Ellie's legs and she just stares at him with her mouth open as he keeps rambling? My brother noticed its omission and it confused us greatly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He says 'I refuse to believe that you aren't familiar with the concept of attraction'. Nothing about legs.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I doubt the explanation for the sick Trike would be any different from the explanation the book gives for the sick Stego.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 07:39:19 AM
It was tame though. Being ripped in half like that would result in blood flying everywhere.

That movie you want with dinosaurs ripping people to shreds while blood flies all over the place and imtestines get devoured would have not been greenlit, therefore, jp would have never happened. Why? because studio execs wont pay big money for violent films, because it would totally turn off mainstream people. Nobody would pay for this except the hardcore fans. Which again means that it would flop astronomically.

Therefore i say no to rated R.

One (bad) example that shows what I mean

AvP 1: kid friendly, marketingwise appealing to anyone who likes action

Box office: 172 mil

AvP 2: gory, brutal, gruesome, hardcore fans like the trailers (ofcourse everyone hated the result ;))

Box office 124

Hence: franchise dead

Another example would be aliens (mass friendly) to alien (cult, but gained many fans through the sequel)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 26, 2013, 04:02:49 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 07:39:19 AM
It was tame though. Being ripped in half like that would result in blood flying everywhere.

That movie you want with dinosaurs ripping people to shreds while blood flies all over the place and imtestines get devoured would have not been greenlit, therefore, jp would have never happened. Why? because studio execs wont pay big money for violent films, because it would totally turn off mainstream people. Nobody would pay for this except the hardcore fans. Which again means that it would flop astronomically.

Therefore i say no to rated R.

One (bad) example that shows what I mean

AvP 1: kid friendly, marketingwise appealing to anyone who likes action

Box office: 172 mil

AvP 2: gory, brutal, gruesome, hardcore fans like the trailers (ofcourse everyone hated the result ;))

Box office 124

Another example would be aliens (mass friendly) to alien (cult, but gained many fans through the sequel)
It must be totally different now, huh.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 26, 2013, 10:59:40 AM
I agree with everything above, but who said anything about JP4 being rated R?

I expressed interest in it.

I'm not saying the film has to be overly violent for the sake of violence. But, if a person is going to be bitten in two like Cooper by the Spinosaurus for instance, the effect of that should be clearly seen. Remember when Bruce gets a hold of Quinn in Jaws after he jumps partially onto the boat? The blood was there in spades.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Box office 124

Well AVPR had awful word of mouth. It's not a surprise that it made less then the first movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Wasn't the blood visible on the plane windows Cooper's?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Yes it was. Trying to find a pic but can't, but it is DEF there, even if for a second or less.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

An R rated JP4 could be something beautiful, but then again it could be something awful.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 26, 2013, 04:41:54 PM

Box office 124

Well AVPR had awful word of mouth. It's not a surprise that it made less then the first movie.

Yup. Rating had next to zero to do with the lower BO.

Alien³

Alien³

Box office 124

Franchise dead? Predators. Prometheus. Prometheus 2? I'd say AVP:2 was the catalyst to bring the two franchises back!

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 04:11:02 PM

I'm not saying the film has to be overly violent for the sake of violence. But, if a person is going to be bitten in two like Cooper by the Spinosaurus for instance, the effect of that should be clearly seen. Remember when Bruce gets a hold of Quinn in Jaws after he jumps partially onto the boat? The blood was there in spades.

In all honesty I could see another adaption of the Jurassic Park book more akin to the adult nature working very well, it would just need a new title (Billy & the Clone-a-saurus) and a complete promotional package that fully expresses that its NOT A KIDS FILM.

I believe the studio has the adult JP on the back burner, (even James Cameron expressed that his version would have been more violent) and I could see it happening maybe in 50 years time.

You heard it here first. 8)

Requiem28

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 26, 2013, 09:01:50 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 04:11:02 PM

In all honesty I could see another adaption of the Jurassic Park book more akin to the adult nature working very well, it would just need a new title (Billy & the Clone-a-saurus) and a complete promotional package that fully expresses that its NOT A KIDS FILM.

I believe the studio has the adult JP on the back burner, (even James Cameron expressed that his version would have been more violent) and I could see it happening maybe in 50 years time.

You heard it here first. 8)

I'd say 20 years :P
But in all honesty, really, I say 20 years before a reboot happens. It's a major money franchise for Universal so I highly doubt they're going to let it die. Jurassic Park III wasn't a big success but they still pulled together for a fourth so you never know.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 26, 2013, 11:28:56 PM
Check it....

http://www.jplegacy.org/index.php?&voted=true

QuoteLegacy effects are working on the Dinosaurs

I'm sold ;D

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 26, 2013, 11:11:14 AM
He says 'I refuse to believe that you aren't familiar with the concept of attraction'. Nothing about legs.

No no in the helicopter scene when they are heading to the island. Me and my brother kept rewinding....maybe it's only in the book....huh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed