Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,372,906 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Dachande on Apr 23, 2007, 01:32:50 PM
Scientists also said that Dinosaurs were descendats of lizerds, they were wrong, your just going by theories.

Actually no. A lot of things he said are absolutely true. T.Rex did in fact have bone crushing jaws. 6,500 pounds per square inch if I remember correctly, and that was just for your average Tyrannosaurus. It was more powerful as well, able to take down big game such as Triceratops and Edmontosaurus whereas Spinosaurus was most likely a fisher and a scavenger. Sure, Spinosaurus may win the fight one time out of ten, but Tyrannosaurus was by far the superior predator with outstanding binocular vision and a sense of smell tht could trump anything today. Even the Grizzly Bear, which can smell an opened jar of peanut butter from two miles away.

Sabby

Sabby

I have a confession to make.

I liked Jurassic Park 3.

It's not my fault D= I just really like the idea of encountering a non human species that is approaching primate level intelligence.

BR1XER

BR1XER

I remember seeing glimpses of JP:TLW and JP3 at a younger age, but never the first JP.

Then I said, "screw it", and bought the trilogy.

JP3 is a tad silly, but I don't understand the hate for TLW.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: jedi9061 on Sep 01, 2013, 04:41:41 PM
I remember seeing glimpses of JP:TLW and JP3 at a younger age, but never the first JP.

Then I said, "screw it", and bought the trilogy.

JP3 is a tad silly, but I don't understand the hate for TLW.

My exact feelings.

Alien³

Alien³

Speaking of The Lost World you can now download the new episode of Jurassic Cast (the JP podcast) where we interview and chat to Harvey Jason who played Ajay in TLW!

You can download it from iTunes or Stitcher by searching Jurassic Cast or just click here...

http://themoviedudes.jellycast.com/node/57

"Don't go into the long grass!"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Aug 31, 2013, 11:48:40 AM
Legendary Pictures may be teaming up with Universal for this film: http://screenrant.com/dracula-2014-legendary-pictures-universal-jurassic-park-4/

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2013, 11:53:28 AM
That would be quite the legendary collaboration on a universal scale.

What he said. Legendary hasn't made a movie that's sucked yet so I say go for it.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 31, 2013, 02:30:28 PM
Scientists also said that Dinosaurs were descendats of lizerds, they were wrong, your just going by theories.

Actually no. A lot of things he said are absolutely true. T.Rex did in fact have bone crushing jaws. 6,500 pounds per square inch if I remember correctly, and that was just for your average Tyrannosaurus. It was more powerful as well, able to take down big game such as Triceratops and Edmontosaurus whereas Spinosaurus was most likely a fisher and a scavenger. Sure, Spinosaurus may win the fight one time out of ten, but Tyrannosaurus was by far the superior predator with outstanding binocular vision and a sense of smell tht could trump anything today. Even the Grizzly Bear, which can smell an opened jar of peanut butter from two miles away.

Not quite anything. In a T.Rex vs. Ankylosaurus bout, my money is on the latter.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 11:08:27 AM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Aug 31, 2013, 11:48:40 AM
Legendary Pictures may be teaming up with Universal for this film: http://screenrant.com/dracula-2014-legendary-pictures-universal-jurassic-park-4/

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2013, 11:53:28 AM
That would be quite the legendary collaboration on a universal scale.

What he said. Legendary hasn't made a movie that's sucked yet so I say go for it.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 31, 2013, 02:30:28 PM

Not quite anything. In a T.Rex vs. Ankylosaurus bout, my money is on the latter.

No no I meant it's senses could trump anything else's senses.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 02, 2013, 09:44:21 AM
Speaking of The Lost World you can now download the new episode of Jurassic Cast (the JP podcast) where we interview and chat to Harvey Jason who played Ajay in TLW!

http://content8.flixster.com/photo/12/16/90/12169042_gal.jpg

You can download it from iTunes or Stitcher by searching Jurassic Cast or just click here...

http://themoviedudes.jellycast.com/node/57

"Don't go into the long grass!"

Great interview Jack!  He sounds like a really nice guy.  I think it would be awesome if you got Sam Niell and/or Jeff Goldblum to do a pod cast and see what they'd have to say (or possibly even reveal) anything about JP4  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Jack, any chance you could get whoever is acting as the paleontology advisor for the film on a podcast? I'd really love to hear about the approach the studio is taking with the dinosaur designs and I recall that Colin was pretty hush-hush about that in your chat with him.

Greedo

Greedo

Anyone prefer the Dinos to be...

1.CGI?

2.Animatronic?

3.Suits?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A combination of the two, like the other films.

Greedo

Greedo

Can anyone tell me what are the best Jurassic Park figures & toys ?

and also wheres the best places too get them, Ebay , Amazon maybe ?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The only JP toys ever made were produced by Kenner until 2001 when it became Hasbro. eBay is your best bet. You can indeed find them on Amazon but the prices are way higher than they ought to be. This is an ideal source for all JP toys as it's exhaustive and provides a good forum for the buying and selling of said toys. If you're honestly considering getting into JP toy collection, be prepared to spend very high amounts of money on them. Take it from me as I'm an avid collector.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2013, 04:03:38 PM
The only JP toys ever made were produced by Kenner until 2001 when it became Hasbro. eBay is your best bet. You can indeed find them on Amazon but the prices are way higher than they ought to be. This is an ideal source for all JP toys as it's exhaustive and provides a good forum for the buying and selling of said toys. If you're honestly considering getting into JP toy collection, be prepared to spend very high amounts of money on them. Take it from me as I'm an avid collector.

Thank you that site is very useful.

Do you Know where I can get my hands on a model of a Compsognathus ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animal-Planet-Prehistoric-Valley-Playset/dp/B008DWRT88/ref=sr_1_11?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1378226107&sr=1-11&keywords=Dilophosaurus

This from Animal Planet.

Did they nick the idea of Dilophosaurus (neck frill) from Jurassic Park ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed