Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,094,116 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Clash of the Titans (2010) 3/10

Good god, what a dreadful film. Haven't even finished it yet, and I did not like it at all. Only entertainment value came from making fun of it. Avoid at all costs... unless you're with friends.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Conan the Destroyer.

Oh Conan. When will you learn?  :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Barbarella

Now that's what I'm talking about!  :laugh:
Pure hilarious, and super-sexy pulp sci-fi fun. Jane Fonda... so gorgeous! I love her little "BUT WHY!?" type moments where her big blue bright eyes (yes, she has her dad's eyes) would light up and her face would snap to utter confusion. Sexy confusion. Oh, and I loved the soundtrack, it gave the whole movie this ultra-groovy vibe that I adored to no end.

I had a constant smile on my face and I still do, I loved it.  :D

PS- Thanks to Bat Chain Puller for posting that... wonderful opening scene. Something about stripping down in zero-gravity really made me rush to watch the movie. Oh, it was probably the fact that she was stripping down in zero-gravity. ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 26, 2011, 04:01:45 AM

Good god, what a dreadful film. Haven't even finished it yet, and I did not like it at all. Only entertainment value came from making fun of it. Avoid at all costs... unless you're with friends.

I saw it recently as well. However I was alone, so there was no enjoyment to be had.

f**king garbage. Sam Worthington isn't just a bad actor, he's a cardboard cut out of a bad actor.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 26, 2011, 04:06:19 AM
Conan the Destroyer.

Oh Conan. When will you learn?  :laugh:

The 'ENUF TAWK' bit makes the entire film worth it.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I liked the Camel Punch: Part Deux.

Aeus

Aeus

It's weird. I don't dig it in Barbarian.

But Destroyer?

That film is so deliciously cheesy you can't help but smile at those bits. He also punches a horse in the face at the beginning.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

ALIEN, for its 32nd anniversary.
Oooh, lala.

Keg

Keg

Universal Soldier: Regeneration

Wow. I'd heard it was good, but I figured it would be good for a Direct DVD sequel. You do tend to judge (or at least I do) DVD sequels on a different level because you dont expect it to be anywhere near what youd expect from a theatrical release so you go in with a different outlook.

With this I thought thats what I was going to get after hearing great things about it, an excellent straight to DVD sequel. No, it was just flat out a cracking film, direct to dvd or not. The fight between Deveraux and Scott was as good as any brawl seen in Bourne, Taken or the more recent Bond films.

And damn was it brutal.

8/10

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 7.5/10 - Seems like going back to the roots worked. While it's not as good as the original, it's a step in the right direction after the second and third one.
Full review coming tomorrow. (hopefully)

Taxemic

Taxemic

Insidious. Made my skin crawl a few times. 8/10

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Aeus on May 26, 2011, 03:11:26 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 26, 2011, 04:01:45 AM

I saw it recently as well. However I was alone, so there was no enjoyment to be had.

f**king garbage. Sam Worthington isn't just a bad actor, he's a cardboard cut out of a bad actor.

Damn shame that was one of Postlethwatie's last films.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Though he went out on The Town and Inception, so it more than made up for CotT.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

True enough, even if his Inception role was a bit part (don't remember if he even had any lines).

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 26, 2011, 10:49:04 PM
True enough, even if his Inception role was a bit part (don't remember if he even had any lines).

He coughed a few times. That's about it. But in The Town he was great. Loved the confronation(s) between him and Affleck.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 26, 2011, 10:49:04 PM
"Dis... disa... disa..."

"I know, dad... I know you're disappointed that I couldn't be you."

"No. No, no... I was disappointed... that you tried."

Really, he had one of the most powerful lines in the movie, in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed