Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,095,442 times)

r888

r888

Batman begins 9/10 great
The dark knight 10/10 brilliant

First Blood

First Blood

Tower Heist

This flick had the potential to be really fun and exciting but it really wasn't that funny and a bit of a dud. I mean it was nice to see Eddie Murphy back in top form after some of the atrocious stuff he's put out in the last few years. Ben Stiller was decent, and the overall surprise was Matthew Broderick who had some great moments. In the end, forgettable and mediocre at best.

6/10

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The Fog
John Carpenter's criminally underrated ghost story really packs a punch.Great ensemble cast, visually stunning, memorable dialogue and a thick atmosphere. Kinda have a Lovecraftian vibe to it.
Cine-Meter, 7/10
Mono-Meter, 9/10

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 04, 2011, 01:23:05 PM
Quote from: Laufey on Nov 04, 2011, 07:41:10 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 04, 2011, 01:27:41 AMElizabeth 9/10

Very good drama about Elizabeth I, with a great cast. Annoying, though, because we were doing it for a film study in English class, and my teacher was constantly pausing every time the shot changed or a new character walked into the scene, or rewinding back to something we'd seen before. I just wanted to watch the movie.

The one with Cate Blanchett, right? If so, I agree. :)

Yeah, that's the one. Goddamnit, Doctor Who was kinda evil. :laugh:

did you know there's a sequel?

anyway last i saw
Beverly Hills Cop, oh yeah! 8)

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 2.5/10

Jesus, this thing was f**king horrible.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 06, 2011, 03:44:05 AM
Due Date | First Time | 10/10 | One of those rare comedies where I'm laughing the whole way through, genuinely excited, and invested in the characters. It's on the same level as the movie it's commonly compared to, Planes Trains & Automobiles. Just so much fun to watch, start to finish... one of my favorite comedies.

it's good, but PT&A is better, and I wouldn't even give that 10/10
anyway, what's with the bolding of stuff in your posts in here recently? it's weird....

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It's a code.

We must decipher it's meaning!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Little highlight of the start between the dividers. I always found that looking at it normally, even with the "|" dividers, it's a bit strange to look at and immediately be able to tell where one category starts and another begins, so I start with the first character of each category highlighted in bold.

As for giving it a 10/10, I'm not really a critic, I don't seek out the problems in things (aside from my own) against their credit unless the present themselves in some way that bothers me. So really, I don't take giving something like that, for what it is, very heavily. People rarely give comedies 10/10's because they usually keep the gauge from being movies in general... which is their biggest flaw. This, being a comedy with dramatic moments well balanced out, reminded me of how I felt about Funny People, which is another one of my favorites.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 07, 2011, 03:00:59 PM
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 2.5/10

Jesus, this thing was f**king horrible.

Did you like better then the second movie?

Taxemic

Taxemic

House of Wax. Very average horror but slightly better than I remember. 6/10...Paris Hilton speared through the head gave it an extra mark.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Run Lola Run in Cinema Lit.

What the hell did I just watch?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Taxemic on Nov 07, 2011, 06:55:00 PM
House of Wax. Very average horror but slightly better than I remember. 6/10...Paris Hilton speared through the head gave it an extra mark.

Her death is the only good thing about the movie. A pointless remake if you ask me, you are better off watching the 1950's version which was a remake as well. Funny that the 2005 House of Wax is a remake of a remake  :P!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sherlock - A Study in Pink - Okay, so this isn't really a movie, but rather a long TV episode. But seeing as how there only are three episodes (so far), it very much strikes me as a movie. Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Sherlock in this and Martin Freeman is playing Watson. They both strike me as very likeable characters right from the start and they have a brilliant chemistry when they're together. Cumberbatch's take on Holmes is probably the best one I've seen so far, I would even say I prefer it over Robert Downey Jr's. Having it take place in our time was a smart move of the creators as it immediately sets it apart from other adaptions of Sherlock Holmes.

I don't really know how to feel about the villain in this though. I was expecting a bit more from him when it was revealed that he could more or less "talk" people to their deaths. So the ending was a bit of a let down, even though it was very well played. Other than that, this kept me interested all the way through.

Looking forward to seeing more of Mycroft and his mysterious female companion as well.

8/10

Requiem28

Requiem28

Rocky Balboa (2006) - 9.5/10

Just as good as the original.  Perfect way to end the franchise.

A lot of heart in this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed